Are ESS tunes open source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are ESS tunes open source?

ESS charged me for a cat less tune and they didn’t put SAP delete on it which why wouldn’t it be with cat less. i get around to driving it and get a CEL for it and they refuse to update the tune do the EPA when they are a non US company.

is this something I can fix myself?

They aren't open source, but they don't lock the DME so it can be read/modified/written back without issue using a non ESS (Frieling) flashing cable.

Comment

Yes, you can disable it yourself, the names/values to code are here : SAP Delete

How-to do this is stickied in this forum
      TunerPro XDFs, DTCs, A2L, DIY Bench Flash Harness, Swap XDFs COMPREHENSIVE

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
        Yes, you can disable it yourself, the names/values to code are here : SAP Delete

How-to do this is stickied in this forum
        Thanks, any idea were to get software to Edit the ESS tune I don’t think its open source?

Comment

^Follow the sticky I linked to that leads to Github. It covers what software to use, how to pull your partial (aka "Tune"), and how to use the correct XDF to read your partial.
          Last edited by R3Z3N; 04-19-2021, 03:41 PM.
          TunerPro XDFs, DTCs, A2L, DIY Bench Flash Harness, Swap XDFs COMPREHENSIVE

Comment

Working...
          X