Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential new Southeastern MA business venture

Hello fellow BMW enthusiasts,

Some of you may recognize my username, as I've been a forum member for many years. The reason for this thread is that I'm looking to potentially start a dry ice cleaning business (for automobiles), in hopes of pursuing my passion and leaving behind a dead-end desk job.

As this is a relatively new process in the automotive space (been around in commercial/industrial cleaning for decades), I'm not sure what the level of familiarity is with this process, but, honestly, it's amazing. If you are curious about learning about it, check out the Youtube pages for Scott Ales (the Dryce man) and R20 motorsports...bunch of great footage highlighting what this can do for vehicles.

And so I'm reaching out to potentially start building relationships and gauging interest from potential clients. I've been in IT for just about 15 years and as I near age 40 (turned 38 in March), I decided it was time for me to make a change in my life. I've got 2 young boys at home (5 and 3) and a wife who fully supports me, so back in April I started off on this venture and am hoping to see it to fruition, where I am (hopefully) able to soon open my own dry ice cleaning business in southeastern MA. Got a few more steps in the process before that happens, but I'd like to see what the interest level is from you guys (and perhaps any other friends/connections you have that you could share with me).

While I don't have a website yet (still trying to come up with a business name), check out the drycenation site in the meantime! I can answer (or at the very least, try to) any question(s) that may come up in terms of the process and what is involved.

It's certainly not a cheap one, nor is this for everybody, I am fully aware of that. And there are naysayers, which I get. But I've trained in this process and done it firsthand and it's simply incredible. I believe there is a market for this service and am hoping that this business takes off and becomes full-time, so I can leave my current IT job, where I've been fairly unhappy for a few years now.

So, in summary, I'm simply trying to network and hopefully build up some interest in my potential business so I don't lose my wife and/or house if it goes belly up! haha (but seriously!).

Here are some examples of before/after shots from some other colleagues:

Reach out and PM me if you've got any interest, questions, leads, etc. Thank you very much for your time! And if you aren't interested, feel free to ignore and continue living your life. That's totally fine, too! :thumbsup:

-Shaun

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
    2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
    My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Good for you Shaun! GL
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Good for you Shaun! GL
      Thanks, Tyler...much appreciated (and needed)!

2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

Comment

What kind of price range? Would be cool to start fresh with a super clean undercarriage on the M3 and M5 but I’m not quite OCD enough to go scrubbing under there myself

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
          What kind of price range? Would be cool to start fresh with a super clean undercarriage on the M3 and M5 but I’m not quite OCD enough to go scrubbing under there myself
          PM'd you!

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

Check out this clip from the Dryce Man himself, going in-depth on what this truly amazing process is capable of!

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

Hey man. Just saw this buried away in the detailing forum (might be my 2nd time venturing into these here parts ).

Good on you and go get after it!! At 39, I quit my corporate gig and started a business. Turns out the solopreneur thing wasn't for me, but it was the most incredible learning experience of my life. The entrepreneurial bug hits me hard every now and again so I may be back at it someday.

Best of luck and go kick some ass!

Bryan

EDIT: Do you have a website yet? Shopify is a pretty stellar platform if you're doing eComm of any sort. Squarespace is great if you just need a presence. You likely already know this given your IT background, but figured it wouldn't hurt to mention.
              Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 11-14-2021, 02:11 PM.
              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                Hey man. Just saw this buried away in the detailing forum (might be my 2nd time venturing into these here parts ).

Good on you and go get after it!! At 39, I quit my corporate gig and started a business. Turns out the solopreneur thing wasn't for me, but it was the most incredible learning experience of my life. The entrepreneurial bug hits me hard every now and again so I may be back at it someday.

Best of luck and go kick some ass!

Bryan
                Thanks, Bryan! This means so much to me. I’m just waiting on the town to perform the final walkthrough of the building before the landlord can open up the units for occupancy. Getting closer! Hoping to be up and running by end of December at this point. 🤞🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
                  Thanks, Bryan! This means so much to me. I’m just waiting on the town to perform the final walkthrough of the building before the landlord can open up the units for occupancy. Getting closer! Hoping to be up and running by end of December at this point. 🤞🏻
                  Progress!! I know what it's like to deal with the town -- can be a black hole.

Keep us posted! I'm about 800 miles away or I'd be a customer!
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

An update for anyone interested/following along:

After months of waiting, we are finally in our building! Still lots of work ahead, but this was a huge step for @enticedgarage and I’m still hoping to open up shop sometime in Q1. Stay tuned for more updates!
                    #dryice #dryicecleaning #dryiceblasting #autodetailing #detailing #detailersofinstagram #dryce #drycenation #entICEDgarage @enticedgarage https://www.facebook.com/entICEDgarage/

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

Lift is in and electrical is done (pending inspection). Getting closer, day by day!

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

That’s really cool. I hope you succeed!

Comment

Originally posted by foolio View Post
                          That’s really cool. I hope you succeed!
                          Thank you! 🍻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

Had our first client vehicle (1979 Mercedes Benz 300CD) in recently for engine bay, wheel well, undercarriage and some other miscellaneous cleaning.

BEFORE

DURING

Couldn't see these paint marks before! And originality is key for many clients...we don't want to knock off these sort of marks or stickers that are original to the vehicle if we can help it.

AFTER

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

bump

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

Working...
                              X