Tips on cleaning back window in a car with a roll cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips on cleaning back window in a car with a roll cage

My back window needs cleaning on the inside...bad.

Anyone have an easy way to do it? Right now it’s turn into a human contortionist and wiggle on back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
    My back window needs cleaning on the inside...bad.

Anyone have an easy way to do it? Right now it’s turn into a human contortionist and wiggle on back there.

Find some neighborhood kid and give her $20 a spray bottle and lint free rag.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Find some neighborhood kid and give her $20 a spray bottle and lint free rag.
      Sounds like child abuse...lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Sounds like child abuse...lol

If its hot in the car give them a soda. Problem solved!

Comment

Slither in there and get 'er done. At least you'll know it will be done right and not be looking at white streaks.

Bring a wire to pick out the dead insects at the base too.

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
            Slither in there and get 'er done. At least you'll know it will be done right and not be looking at white streaks.

Bring a wire to pick out the dead insects at the base too.
            With the condition of my back I would need to take out a seat to do this as I have both passenger and drivers seat.

My 6 year old does a decent job I must say!

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

With the condition of my back I would need to take out a seat to do this as I have both passenger and drivers seat.

My 6 year old does a decent job I must say!
              Hope you heal up soon. Don't forget to wear your HANS.

Comment

PO installed tint on the back glass (long before I put a full cage in). I get one free cleaning when I tear it off. I will use it wisely.

Can always use the squeegee on a stick method.
                '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
                many others

Comment

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post
                  PO installed tint on the back glass (long before I put a full cage in). I get one free cleaning when I tear it off. I will use it wisely.

Can always use the squeegee on a stick method.
                  That residue is going to be such a B. Which reminds me to take my tint off before the cage goes in this winter.
                  2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
                  2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
                  2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post

That residue is going to be such a B. Which reminds me to take my tint off before the cage goes in this winter.
                    It peeled right off the back side windows. Hopefully it'll be the same for the rear glass whenever I do remove it.
                    '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
                    many others

Comment

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post

It peeled right off the back side windows. Hopefully it'll be the same for the rear glass whenever I do remove it.
                      Nice! Hopefully mine is like that also. the last car I took it off left a bunch of goo
                      2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
                      2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
                      2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Microfiber on a swiffer, spray glass cleaner directly on the microfiber.

Comment

I’m probably going to just climb on back there.

Comment

The biggest issue will probably be dust, at least it is for me except for that one extended off track plowing experiment....I bought a giant duster to keep the back clean, and with extensions on a shop vac you can get where you need to be. IIRC Stoner (the maker of invisible glass) makes a triangle pointed wand you can attach a microfiber to (typically for windshields) to get in the hard to reach areas. I use it for the areas I don’t want to climb in and get to...

Wait a minute, are y’all saying your tint removed fairly easily? That is something on my list. I was planning on going at it with a steamer but peeling that off would be like heaven.

2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                            [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Here you go buddy:

Invisible Glass works better, removing fingerprints, smudges, and grime, leaving your glass clean and streak free. The best glass cleaner.

2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                              [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Working...
                              X