18x10 ET25 with KW Clubsport… Rubbing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18x10 ET25 with KW Clubsport… Rubbing?

Looking for some input on running 18x10 ET25 square with KW Clubsports, anyone have experience with this setup? Trying to figure out if they will rub on the suspension side. I’m Planning on around -3.5 degrees of camber up front as well. Anything else I need to know about fitting this size with 265s? I’m trying to minimize mistakes and buying extra stuff, or the wrong stuff, etc… The purpose of the car is going to be mixed track day and weekend/canyons. Any and all input is appreciated!
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

I would suggest getting a suspension where the spring perch is above the tire, and running ET35.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
      I would suggest getting a suspension where the spring perch is above the tire, and running ET35.
      What are some known setups with the perch in the place you’ve described? TBH I’m trying to avoid buying different coilovers at this point. They’re still new in the box in my garage as I gather the rest of the parts I want to do as the first big phase of my build. I’m interested to know because I know you have had a ton of different setups over the years.

I’m also considering a 9.5” wheel as an option still. I’d like to run a square spacer free setup. I currently have a set of 18x9.5 ET22 wheels with 255/40/18s on them, not sure if that’s gonna be good in the long run or not. They test fit with stock suspension just fine, but I dunno how much the inner clearance will change with the KWs.
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I know the 18x10 et25s will clear the older version of the KW clubsports.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

What are some known setups with the perch in the place you’ve described? TBH I’m trying to avoid buying different coilovers at this point. They’re still new in the box in my garage as I gather the rest of the parts I want to do as the first big phase of my build. I’m interested to know because I know you have had a ton of different setups over the years.

I’m also considering a 9.5” wheel as an option still. I’d like to run a square spacer free setup. I currently have a set of 18x9.5 ET22 wheels with 255/40/18s on them, not sure if that’s gonna be good in the long run or not. They test fit with stock suspension just fine, but I dunno how much the inner clearance will change with the KWs.
          The TCKs and GCs do it as standard.

My Motons and JRZs did it, but there's enough variation there that I'd say not all versions will.

I was able to make it happen on the Ohlins and FCMs, though it took some very deliberate part selection.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
            I know the 18x10 et25s will clear the older version of the KW clubsports.
            When you say older versions, how old do you mean? I've been sitting on these unopened in the box since I think late 2019.
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

The TCKs and GCs do it as standard.

My Motons and JRZs did it, but there's enough variation there that I'd say not all versions will.

I was able to make it happen on the Ohlins and FCMs, though it took some very deliberate part selection.
              Good info, gonna keep looking into the KWs because I already here and paid for, I *might* consider flipping them while they're still new in box.
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

If you already have 18x9.5 ET22 and only plan to run 265s, what would be your primary motivation to move to 18x10s? Sounds like you already have a good spacer-free setup on hand that will also fit the tire you need (especially if you have the adjustability to set -3.5 camber up front).
                2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Little more shoulder width, and I don't really love the current wheels cosmetically tbh...
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

FWIW, I am running 18x10.5 +22 with minimal rubbing. MCS 2WR and camber in the -4 range in the front depending on the setup. No spacers. I usually run a 275 tire. The only time it would rubs if I am at full lock and running larger tires.

Comment

Thanks, from everything I have heard the MCS are higher clearance. The KWs specifically are known to be worse clearance. But I have heard a few people say yes it will fit, worst case might need a small spacer. I'm not sure I can justify selling the KWs at a loss having never even used them, and buying yet another high cost item at this point in the game.
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
                      X