Do You Like Your Trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acetech View Post
    Bought a open trailer after driving to from events for 24 years. Tow vehicle is a X3 M40 and it’s more than enough power and stability.
    It’s a more pleasant experience and proved necessary this past October when coy 3 piston let go. Loading the dead car on the trailer was so easy took only minutes.
    I spent extra on a lowering trailer, Futura super sport, requiring nothing to drive on or off with my E36 with front splitter.
    Enjoying lift with a trailer.
    How much did you paid for the Futura SS trailer and how much it weight? I also have a X3 M40i and was looking at Trailex CT-7541
    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Futura super sport 18 foot trailer was 14000$ with spare tire, electric winch, and tie downs. It weighs 1300 pounds

Comment

Has anyone looked/heard/tried Timpte trailers?
        The only info I can find was this thread from rennlist
        Trucks and Trailers - New Timpte trailer - I was in the market for a new trailer and needed something I could store at the house, could nicely work with the cup, carry UTVs and even mini excavator. I looked at Futura and loved that idea (that the deck lowered) but getting one from overseas with long lead times and not...

Basic design is same as Futuras, but since they're made in the US (and not NZ), parts should not be a problem.
        Timpte has been around for ages, but they're new to car haulers.​

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230420_153559.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	215901
          Love my trailer

Comment

Raceramps.com has a 10% discount code "Stripes" for 4th of July
            Also free ground shipping on most items

(I didn't feel like starting a new thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230420_153559.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	215901
              Love my trailer
              What tow bar / hitch did you mount to the car?
              Thanks
              Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by empty View Post

What tow bar / hitch did you mount to the car?
                Thanks
                Mike

I've been searching but I'm late to this game and all the posts seem to be 10+ years old with links that don't work. I'm looking for a tow hitch to add to the M3 so I can put a set of rims on a trailer instead of the back seat. Can anyone help with something that's sold online? If not I will probably end up at a local hitch

Bought it from Schmiedman just like in this post. Follow the way back machine link on how to do the install. Worked out great!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post
                    Has anyone looked/heard/tried Timpte trailers?
                    The only info I can find was this thread from rennlist
                    Trucks and Trailers - New Timpte trailer - I was in the market for a new trailer and needed something I could store at the house, could nicely work with the cup, carry UTVs and even mini excavator. I looked at Futura and loved that idea (that the deck lowered) but getting one from overseas with long lead times and not...

Basic design is same as Futuras, but since they're made in the US (and not NZ), parts should not be a problem.
                    Timpte has been around for ages, but they're new to car haulers.​
                    Actually just got one of their EZ Load trailers. Very happy with it but it does have some quirks

Comment

Working...
                    X