No announcement yet.

Novice tire question (E90)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went through the exact same experience with the PS4S. I was a novice and they were fine, until they weren't. Summit Point Shenandoah really did a number on them. The main issue from what I can tell is that the pressures you need to start the session on to prevent them greasing up a few laps in, is way too low. Combine that with the soft sidewall and their impressive stickiness, and they're rolling over like crazy, leading to chunking.

I second the recommendation for RS4s, they're priced well, seem to last, and I haven't found them more difficult to drive on or less communicative than the PS4S. The main thing I notice is that they're not cording the outside edge after a couple track days, and they're cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post
      I went through the exact same experience with the PS4S. I was a novice and they were fine, until they weren't. Summit Point Shenandoah really did a number on them. The main issue from what I can tell is that the pressures you need to start the session on to prevent them greasing up a few laps in, is way too low. Combine that with the soft sidewall and their impressive stickiness, and they're rolling over like crazy, leading to chunking.

I second the recommendation for RS4s, they're priced well, seem to last, and I haven't found them more difficult to drive on or less communicative than the PS4S. The main thing I notice is that they're not cording the outside edge after a couple track days, and they're cheaper.
      Nice. Thanks, Pklauser!
      2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
      Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
      Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Working...
      X