Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

Wheel to wheel racing?
    Yes, can’t wait. It felt like a long winter here in new england.

Comment

Originally posted by fourmula1 View Post

Yes, can’t wait. It felt like a long winter here in new england.
      Good luck!

Comment

Welp. Another year with no track days I guess. Having transmission issues after I paid a shop to replace my clutch and other wear items, so I’ll have to drop the trans myself to unfuck whatever they did. Also going to install Vincebar and CF roof. The car will probably be too nice to track by the time I’m done with it. 😂
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
          Welp. Another year with no track days I guess. Having transmission issues after I paid a shop to replace my clutch and other wear items, so I’ll have to drop the trans myself to unfuck whatever they did. Also going to install Vincebar and CF roof. The car will probably be too nice to track by the time I’m done with it. 😂
          Sorry to hear that!

Comment

Hey man, I offered to listen to the noise. Without listening to the noise I have no way to communicate with the tech so he will willingly look at it again. Just sayin...

For the record, it was a master tech that did this clutch work as a side job. I guess there is some noise? So before blaming the tech, might be a good idea to get it looked at. And what if the tech is willing to address the issue? Because this tech will have no issues with looking at the issue again but I need to have some assurance its related to the work before presenting this to the tech. Its only fair.

I stand by this tech. I've seen him fix so many hard to figure out problems to call him incompetent. He is also one of the few techs I trust. If I have a question, I ask and I get a straight up answer.

This tech is the ONLY tech that I'd ever let work on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Hey man, I offered to listen to the noise. Without listening to the noise I have no way to communicate with the tech so he will willingly look at it again. Just sayin...

For the record, it was a master tech that did this clutch work as a side job. I guess there is some noise? So before blaming the tech, might be a good idea to get it looked at. And what if the tech is willing to address the issue? Because this tech will have no issues with looking at the issue again but I need to have some assurance its related to the work before presenting this to the tech. Its only fair.

I stand by this tech. I've seen him fix so many hard to figure out problems to call him incompetent. He is also one of the few techs I trust. If I have a question, I ask and I get a straight up answer.

This tech is the ONLY tech that I'd ever let work on my car.
              Well to be fair, I have tried to get you to look at it with no luck so far. I texted you last weekend to get your address and never got a response. This was while the forum was down, so I couldn’t check our PMs for the address. I’ve been dealing with these trans issues for over six months now, and I think I’ve reached the point where I’m going to pull the trans myself and replace everything again to address the two issues I’m having.

Further, the tech failed to torque the bellhousing bolts and tighten the sec 2 to muffler bolts. That rattling you brought up when I picked up the car was from the loose sec 2 to muffler hardware. Regarding the bellhousing torx bolts, I could loosen most of them by hand, and one had even backed out several millimeters. This was a very surprising and disappointing discovery, after seeing that he had torqued and marked a bunch of other hardware.

Comment

Well to be fair, I have tried to get you to look at it with no luck so far. I texted you last weekend to get your address and never got a response. This was while the forum was down, so I couldn’t check our PMs for the address. I’ve been dealing with these trans issues for over six months now, and I think I’ve reached the point where I’m going to pull the trans myself and replace everything again to address the two issues I’m having.

Further, the tech failed to torque the bellhousing bolts and tighten the sec 2 to muffler bolts. That rattling you brought up when I picked up the car was from the loose sec 2 to muffler hardware. Regarding the bellhousing torx bolts, I could loosen most of them by hand, and one had even backed out several millimeters. This was a very surprising and disappointing discovery, after seeing that he had torqued and marked a bunch of other hardware.
                Who did you text? Because it wasn't me? That's cool...GL with fixing it.
                Last edited by bigjae46; 06-11-2023, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Who did you text? Because it wasn't me? That's cool...GL with fixing it.
                  The same number I’d been texting for months..

Comment

Hoping to get back on track in September. Last event was in March, and cut short by a fuel leak that I couldn't find. It would only appear around 10 minutes into a session; first by smell, then by low point under the driver side.

Replaced all soft lines, hardware, filter, and had the injectors rebuilt. Will also have the car independently checked over before going back on track. If all is good, msr-h in early Sept, cota in late Sept.

Comment

Signed up for msr-h Sept 9-10. Time to knock off the summer rust

Comment

How is MSR Houston? What other tracks have you done and where would you rank it

Comment

How is MSR Houston? What other tracks have you done and where would you rank it
                          The facility is...well...crap. The track layout is good but the condition of the surface is getting close to terrible. Bumpy is the first word that comes to mind. I wouldn't drive from Iowa to run MSRH. Its kind of like a flatter and bumpier Hallett without the charm. And there's nothing around it.

Road America would be the opposite of MSRH.

Comment

I appreciate the info. Speaking of bumpy and Hallett I wonder if they've repaved it yet? The last time I was there a couple years ago it had really gone downhill since the previous time I had been there which was only 2 years prior. It was more fun than it should have been, hence the "charm" you speak of, but I cant go back until they resurface it.

This has given me an idea for a new thread we should have on this board

Comment

I appreciate the info. Speaking of bumpy and Hallett I wonder if they've repaved it yet? The last time I was there a couple years ago it had really gone downhill since the previous time I had been there which was only 2 years prior. It was more fun than it should have been, hence the "charm" you speak of, but I cant go back until they resurface it.

This has given me an idea for a new thread we should have on this board
                              I think they did repave Hallet, its been awhile. I heard that there is a tunnel under the track so you can come and go as you please.

Comment

Plan is to go to cota at the end of September. Treating my msr-h weekend as testing to make sure my issues are resolved.

​​​​​​I've driven msr-h, cota, and tws. The surface at msr-h is the worst. Hard to judge tws, as I was there the last full weekend they were open, and the place had really gone down hill.

Comment

Working...
                                X