No announcement yet.

Your 2023 track schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just been told by an instructor for the Lonestar chapter that Hallett has not been repaved.

Yeah I wish I would have been able to get to TWS, I'm sure it wouldn't have been that great but it's now a missed opportunity.

​​

Comment

Originally posted by Lavatoad View Post
      Plan is to go to cota at the end of September. Treating my msr-h weekend as testing to make sure my issues are resolved.

​​​​​​I've driven msr-h, cota, and tws. The surface at msr-h is the worst. Hard to judge tws, as I was there the last full weekend they were open, and the place had really gone down hill.
      With PCA?

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post
        I've just been told by an instructor for the Lonestar chapter that Hallett has not been repaved.

Yeah I wish I would have been able to get to TWS, I'm sure it wouldn't have been that great but it's now a missed opportunity.

​​
        MSRH is like the track south of Omaha that got flooded a couple of years ago...forgot the name.

You're in a good spot. Road America, Autobahn, Brainerd, Heartland Park are all within a reasonable distance. Not sure how far Miller Motorsports Park (or whatever it is now) is from you in IA. I would take Road America over any track here in TX.

COTA is actually kind of annoying. The hairpins are annoying and T15 is just super annoying...of all the turns I've driven I think that is my least favorite. The hill into T1, T2 to T10 and T16-19 are pretty fun. The long straights are pretty boring in an E46.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

MSRH is like the track south of Omaha that got flooded a couple of years ago...forgot the name.

You're in a good spot. Road America, Autobahn, Brainerd, Heartland Park are all within a reasonable distance. Not sure how far Miller Motorsports Park (or whatever it is now) is from you in IA. I would take Road America over any track here in TX.

COTA is actually kind of annoying. The hairpins are annoying and T15 is just super annoying...of all the turns I've driven I think that is my least favorite. The hill into T1, T2 to T10 and T16-19 are pretty fun. The long straights are pretty boring in an E46.
          The track south of Omaha was Mid American Mototplex, now called Race Park of the Midlands. Yeah, don't ever go there. Me and 4 buddies rented it for a day back in May 2020 for $750 total and it was barely worth it, lol.

I think the ideal location to live would be Indianapolis as I'm too far west to be centralized. Road America sucks, it's just a braking exercise with no corners that connect, quite boring in my book. Autobahn, solid track, Brainerd got neutered and I haven't been back but need to go next year, Heartland Park JUST closed. Miller Motorsports Park is about 16 hours away but I cant seem to find a decent 3 day school there.

COTA is actually my favorite track, I've done it 4 times now and everytime was a blast! And that was in a ZHP, I've never taken my M3 there...... Yet

Comment

The track south of Omaha was Mid American Mototplex, now called Race Park of the Midlands. Yeah, don't ever go there. Me and 4 buddies rented it for a day back in May 2020 for $750 total and it was barely worth it, lol.

I think the ideal location to live would be Indianapolis as I'm too far west to be centralized. Road America sucks, it's just a braking exercise with no corners that connect, quite boring in my book. Autobahn, solid track, Brainerd got neutered and I haven't been back but need to go next year, Heartland Park JUST closed. Miller Motorsports Park is about 16 hours away but I cant seem to find a decent 3 day school there.

COTA is actually my favorite track, I've done it 4 times now and everytime was a blast! And that was in a ZHP, I've never taken my M3 there...... Yet
            Heartland Park closed? WTF? That sucks! I liked that track.

Comment

With PCA?
              Think the group was "performance driving school". It's been years... First event, and I got the full experience including spinning my e46 into the infield and ripping off the rear bumper! That was the motivation behind buying my e36.
              Last edited by Lavatoad; 08-12-2023, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Heartland Park closed? WTF? That sucks! I liked that track.
                Land valuation kept going up and they couldn't afford the taxes, apparently they hadn't paid them for the last 5 years. Heartland was a pretty good track and I will miss going there every other year. I am however interested in going to Ozarks International if the BMW club decides to go there instead.

Comment

First event of the "fall" this weekend. Fall in parentheses since the highs are 98-99F. This Texas summer has been historically brutal. This will be my annual reminder to budget for a cool suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavatoad View Post
                    First event of the "fall" this weekend. Fall in parentheses since the highs are 98-99F. This Texas summer has been historically brutal. This will be my annual reminder to budget for a cool suit.
                    I'll be out there. I'm probably just going to drive the sessions before lunch. Double up and run instructor and yellow.

Comment

Yeah I'm not going back to Texas from June-September, it's not worth it. There are too many other places to go and last year at COTA in June I saw 114 on the car display. It was not fun at that point

Comment

Cool, see you out there.

I'm treating this weekend as the tune up before cota at the end of the month. I've overhauled the fuel system, and also replaced the water pump, as the previous started to drip. If it's as hot as advertised, I'll see how late I go each day. I originally considered only doing 1 day of the weekend, but ended up signing up for 2.
                        Last edited by Lavatoad; 09-05-2023, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'm not going back to Texas from June-September, it's not worth it. There are too many other places to go and last year at COTA in June I saw 114 on the car display. It was not fun at that point
                          COTA is extra brutal. It’s like a bowl where the hot just stays and stagnates.

Comment

Is anyone else going to VIR next weekend with Tarheel CCA?

Comment

MSRH or COTA this winter with the new car hopefully. It’s the only chance I’ll get to go to the track with how busy I am with med school.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E9439121-13F3-40F9-B868-C994D36C5F85.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	233242
                              Last edited by SQ13; 09-11-2023, 09:30 PM.
                              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X