Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are you mounting your fire extinguishers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you mounting your fire extinguishers?

HI Folks,
    I have a 2.5 lb. Amerex Halotron extinguisher with a standard 2-clamp bracket. My car has a Kirk Racing bolt in cage and aftermarket seats on Brey Krause mounts, including the BK Substrap Mounts (9228/9229). I still have the front carpet and insulation installed, but the rear carpet section is removed.

Trying to figure out where to mount it so I can reach it if needed while I'm in the seat. (The hypothetical scenario is that I my lower body is immobilized or I'm unable to open the door)

I mounted it to the transmission tunnel where the ebrake handle was. It is easy to get to but its always in the way of doing any work inside of the car. Kind of a PIA where it is which I guess is the point.

Comment

That’s a possibility later in the evolution for this car. I still have the center console and parking brake.
      Attached Files

Comment

I've got one of those element fire extinguishers mounted to the sub strap bar underneath the front of my seat. Can get to it fully strapped in no problem.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Me: Under the passenger seat on a Brey-Krause mount:

Click image for larger version

Name:	lP7V0V.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	231144

Comment

Working...
          X