Front end sway bar links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S14 View Post

I didn't listen to your advice and went with the bimmerworld street/track links and they are already clunking/popping 2 weeks after install...
    I switched to ground control for my replacements.

Comment

I didn't listen to your advice and went with the bimmerworld street/track links and they are already clunking/popping 2 weeks after install...
      That's weird. Did you dial out the preload? You might want to add *slight* preload to see if the clunking stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

That's weird. Did you dial out the preload? You might want to add *slight* preload to see if the clunking stops.

Yes, I took the slack out when the car was on the ground. Good idea though, I'll mess with them a little bit before returning them.

Comment

Yes, I took the slack out when the car was on the ground. Good idea though, I'll mess with them a little bit before returning them.
          Only thing I can think of is that the stud on the end link isn't sized right for your strut/sway. Might want to call up BW and ask. I've found them very helpful. I use them for most of the parts on our track car.

Comment

Originally posted by ZHPizza View Post
            I've seen it done with a set of Meyle HD links, which are a little larger shaft diameter than OE. I don't see a drawback as long as you get the alignment right to avoid binding. Maybe draw some alignment lines on each end to keep track while tightening.
            I have Lemforder links, I should really take a caliper and measure the diameter to see if it's close enough to a standard thread size. At least if it's around 8 or 10 mm I could either do M8 or M10, if slightly smaller there is correspondingly 5/16 or 3/8. Might just be hard to find a LH thread M8 or M10 tap and die

Comment

Working...
            X