No announcement yet.

Track Video Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did some Racer360 coaching which made a difference. Didn't set a new PR - car wasn't optimized (more fuel, pass seat, also had some TPS/limp mode issues) but I comfortably ran low 1:42 when I wasn't in limp mode. Carried more speed coming off the straights by 10-15mph in some places. The coaching opened my eyes to some possibilities I've considered but wasn't sure would work.

With some more adjustments, the car can be a consistent low to mid 1:41 runner. 1:39 on NT01s is attainable with some driver mods. This car continues to amaze. It even runs 1:48-1:49 with the car in limp mode.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Nice! I'd love to drive Daytona one day. What's your top speed?
      ~161-162 mph. I have 4.10 and 6 speed. First time I ever went to 6th gear. I also lost my no name CF hood.

The track isn’t particularly challenging but the banking is very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First post Racer360 coaching day where the car wasn't having issues - same track and direction. Ran 1 day at MSRH CCW- 1:43.785 was the best lap and ran consistently in the 1:44s. Considering the temps were low 90’s, I’m guessing I’d be in in the lower 1:40s compared to the conditions I set for my PR 1:41.2.

I’ve gained 20mph from turn in to apex in Diamonds Edge and Sweeper from braking much later. If temps were much lower, I might be touching 130mph top speed. Previous best is 125mph.

So far I’m inclined to say the coaching was worth it.

Last edited by bigjae46; 07-08-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Watkins Glen with Chin

Comment

Originally posted by rnh204 View Post
            Watkins Glen with Chin

https://youtu.be/9drYQb4vfLE
            Nice video. What are the specs on the car? 2:05 is a fast lap!

Comment

Originally posted by Sergmann View Post

Nice video. What are the specs on the car? 2:05 is a fast lap!
              I have full aero, mcs 2 way remotes, 275/35/18 a7 tires, 4.10s and with me in the car probably a tick above 3,000lbs.

My best lap time there was 2:03 last year in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some video from this past weekend with PCA.

Comment

Some laps at Pocono North/South Circuit

'02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
                  many others

Comment

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post
                    Some laps at Pocono North/South Circuit
                    How do you like Pocono? I grew up in Philly...thinking about a trip out there someday.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

How do you like Pocono? I grew up in Philly...thinking about a trip out there someday.
                      It's fun for sure but not the best track in the world. Favors the high hp cars due to the really long back straight. Need good brakes to woah it down. The transitions from the superspeedway are wild and the seam sealer when it is even mildly damp is insane. The 2 infield sections are short but excellent. The section infield section has an almost airborne moment that gives that nice roller coaster sensation. Not as aggressive as wheelie hill at NYST but still fun. Turn 1 is a riot; tons of different lines and I tend to run the one that gets 3 wheels in the air at the same time, or so the corner workers love to tell me.

Let me know whenever you want to do a day, I'll bring my car. I go there often just because its close. Hour n 20 for me.
                      '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
                      many others

Comment

4th race this season

Comment

First time doing the 5 mile config at Thunderhill was a blast! What an amazing track to have in our backyard here in Northern California.
                          Got down into the 3:15s but there is A LOT of time left on the table.
                          First time out with full Bimmerworld F/R Aero and hardwired AiM was a game changer for sure
                          Any and all pro-tips are sincerely appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2475.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	127714
                          Last edited by Bento; 09-20-2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Ran with BMWCCA Genesee Valley Chapter at the Glen this past weekend in perfect conditions. The car is still pretty much stock except for suspension, brake pads and axle back exhaust. Full interior, no aero, stock power on RE71rs. I did 2:10.4 with optimal saying 2:10.2 so I'm pretty sure the car is capable of 9s as is with more driver mod.

Comment

Got close to code brown...but held it. Not a fun corner to want to catch slides on

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

new car upgrades, new pb... by over 4 seconds. insane.

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                                2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Working...
                                X