X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagles Canyon Raceway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New PB at Eagles Canyon with a 2:10:60... searching for that mid 2:00 times!

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Ran TT3 last weekend at Road Atlanta, had a good time and set a new PB for my car.

Comment

New PR at COTA. Not a great time but hey, I’m working on it. First time at COTA since July 2019. Lots of issues including poor lines in some areas, not going fast enough or overslowing in some areas, 200TW tires which I don’t like at all (already purchased a set of 100TW tires), my inability to decide when and where to shift, and little confidence in brakes. Pedal is a bit mushy, stopping distances are longer (don’t think it’s completely related to the tires), and the bite just seems off. I’m leaning towards switching to a StopTech C43 front BBK, trying PFC 11 pads, and installing PFC DD rear rotors..possibly brake ducts too.

Dec 2020

Jan 2018
          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Ever wonder how loud the BW exhaust & headers are? 😈

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
              New PR at COTA. Not a great time but hey, I’m working on it. First time at COTA since July 2019. Lots of issues including poor lines in some areas, not going fast enough or overslowing in some areas, 200TW tires which I don’t like at all (already purchased a set of 100TW tires), my inability to decide when and where to shift, and little confidence in brakes. Pedal is a bit mushy, stopping distances are longer (don’t think it’s completely related to the tires), and the bite just seems off. I’m leaning towards switching to a StopTech C43 front BBK, trying PFC 11 pads, and installing PFC DD rear rotors..possibly brake ducts too.
              what 200 tw tires did you use so i can avoid?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
                Ever wonder how loud the BW exhaust & headers are? 😈

god, i hope SQ13 is wearing some form of hearing protection. i have a dinan exhaust and i still use hearing protection so i don't make my tinnitus worse

Comment

From COTA with Chin in Sep. It’s been 5 years and forgot how tricky the fist half of the track is.

I liked my speed just not very consistent. 5 seconds off my virtual best. Usually within a second. Got some work to do. Any my plywood splitter was fapping on the back straight. Top speed was 136-139. Definitely could be over 140mph.

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post

what 200 tw tires did you use so i can avoid?
                    Accelera 651. Idk if it’s because they’re shit or if it’s because they’re 200 TW tires. I’ve never used 200TW tires on my E46 so I don’t have a baseline.

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post

god, i hope SQ13 is wearing some form of hearing protection. i have a dinan exhaust and i still use hearing protection so i don't make my tinnitus worse
                    I wear earplugs. Can’t drive without them now, even when I track my quieter-than-stock street E46 M3 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

Accelera 651. Idk if it’s because they’re shit or if it’s because they’re 200 TW tires. I’ve never used 200TW tires on my E46 so I don’t have a baseline.
                      They're shit. I love 200TW tires on the track, it's the sweet spot IMO. I'm a huge fan of Hankook R-S4s.
                      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

They're shit. I love 200TW tires on the track, it's the sweet spot IMO. I'm a huge fan of Hankook R-S4s.
                        Have you compared the Accelera tires to RS4s?

Comment

First time on track this year. Quite happy with the results. New PR - 1:41.59 at MSR Houston on NT01s. Within .1 seconds of my virtual best (1:41.4).

Yeah, I was beating it up a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by bigjae46; 03-23-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

This is the last time I drove the m3. GTA back in November @ Buttonwillow

Last edited by MD_M3; 03-11-2021, 07:57 AM.
                            sigfinal22
                            IG: @marcdavid038

Comment

New personal best on brand new Goodyear S3R tires. Beat my personal best by over a second!

Comment

That Sunday, ran a 1:41.269. Extremely happy with that! Virtual best was a 1:40.840. The difference was mostly Diamond's Edge. Didn't get the best exit on the fast lap. Still have about .5-1 seconds with better braking. I could probably just lift coming off the sweeper and I was cleaner on the brakes going into bus stop.

Still need to lose some more weight, work on drag reduction (front wheel wells, larger wing end plates), and improve weight distribution.

I think a 1:37 on sticker Hoosiers is possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X