nine Live racing wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nine Live racing wing

Does anyone here have any experience with the 9live racing "wang"? I have been toying with the idea of aero on my car for a while now and this setup seems to be a nice entry point into a rear wing. My car already has a front splitter installed so a wing is the next step. I found a decent amount of info on the company and the wing in various applications (mostly miata) but not much as it pertains to the e46 platform.

Yes. It's a popular wing. What kind of info are you looking for?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=19955&d=1588429713.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.8 KB ID:	73369
    Click image for larger version

Name:	i-qQ4RVS4-X3.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	73372
    Last edited by pMak26; 12-14-2020, 05:39 PM.
    '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
    many others

Comment

Are you happy with it? Do you feel the mounts are solid and well designed? what width are you running and which end plates have you chosen? Do you have an info on the splitter you are using?
      Last edited by Sergmann; 12-15-2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Some of your answers can be found here:
        I enjoy the build as much as I enjoy the drive. If I don't have a project, my wife begins to hate me. I've always wanted to build a full blown racecar in my driveway. I'm a track day coach as well, so the car can be an excellent teaching/training tool. So, enter the cheapest POS running e46M3 I could find. A 2002 M3 SMG with a

I have the regular endplates because I plan to make my own endplates. I made my own gurney flaps as well. Overall I'm happy with the wing but it is heavier than I expected it to be (18# I believe for the 72" airfoil alone). The mounts are good but be aware he welds them all by hand. What I'm saying is they are not evenly welded/aligned. They're good enough to do the job, but it does make lining things up when mounting just a tad more difficult. So that leaves some improvement to be desired on the mounts. Other then that though it is a nice piece and very adjustable, which I like. Also the data to back it up is real data, which at this price-point is unheard of. That was the selling point for me. I believe he has a carbon version of the same airfoil coming out.
        '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
        many others

Comment

Working...
        X