2021 tire thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thundermoose View Post

I would not consider that a HC. I DD'd Re71r for 9 months. If each trip was a HC, I got more than 600 HC's by my count.
    That’s what I thought but thought I’d confirm with people smarter than I am! Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
    2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Anyone try the R2 version of the Maxxis RC1s?

Comment

I ran NT01s for years and was convinced by my buddies to try Hankook Z214s. Nowhere near the longevity of the NT01s but great grip. Take a bit to come up to temp. They were difficult to find for a while but they’re now the spec tire for SPC and Hankook Motorsports carries them for about $1k 8n 275/35/18 squared.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall921 View Post
          I ran NT01s for years and was convinced by my buddies to try Hankook Z214s. Nowhere near the longevity of the NT01s but great grip. Take a bit to come up to temp. They were difficult to find for a while but they’re now the spec tire for SPC and Hankook Motorsports carries them for about $1k 8n 275/35/18 squared.
          I ran some of my fastest lap times with z214’s. More of a competitor to Hoosier A7’s/R7’s then to NT01’s.

Comment

I ran some of my fastest lap times with z214’s. More of a competitor to Hoosier A7’s/R7’s then to NT01’s.

Agreed but similar to BFG R1, no?

Comment

Originally posted by jk715 View Post

I ran the fz201m last season. Soft shoulders, quick to heat up, not as loud in terms of feedback. Rec pressure 32f/29r cold. I’m running -2.7f/-1.9r. They wear pretty good. About 12 heat cycles on them and plenty of grip/tread left.

I'll give those pressures a try on my fz201m's next time I'm on track.

I really want to try Falken RT660's in 275/40/17 square for auto-x.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall921 View Post

Agreed but similar to BFG R1, no?

I have never run BFG’s so can’t comment.

Comment

Anyone run Goodyear supercar 3 or 3R?
                  I hear good reviews

Comment

Anyone run Goodyear supercar 3 or 3R?
                    I hear good reviews

Tons of great reviews. Only downside is limited tire sizes.

They’ll be my next tire for sure.

Comment

I dont see anyone talking about the Dunlop Direzza z3.. I wonder why..
                      Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

I ran the fz201m last season. Soft shoulders, quick to heat up, not as loud in terms of feedback. Rec pressure 32f/29r cold. I’m running -2.7f/-1.9r. They wear pretty good. About 12 heat cycles on them and plenty of grip/tread left.

Was this for the Soft or Medium compound? I think I will give them a shot once my A052s give out...they’re so cheap and I’ve heard good things

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post

Was this for the Soft or Medium compound? I think I will give them a shot once my A052s give out...they’re so cheap and I’ve heard good things
                          Medium compound. Definitely worth the price. Let us know how they compare to A052s. I’ll be running the Goodyear sc3 next.

Comment

I hated my FZ201Ms. Not worth the $600 I paid, and I would’ve been better off buying another set of NS-2Rs for $400-500.

I currently have two sets of Accelera 651 Sport tires, 200 and 100 TW. Both cost less than $450 shipped, but like the NS-2Rs, I’m not gonna write them off just bc they’re cheap. No good comparison for the 200 version, as it’s the only 200tw tire I’ve used on the car. Coming from 100tw tires, the grip is lower and my braking distances increased considerably at COTA. Wasn’t a fan of that.

Haven’t tried the 100tw version. Hoping to see how they perform at COTA after I install BBK and do a few maintenance things. I’ll be happy if they’re similar to NT01s or NS-2Rs.

I really want to try Hoosier R7s in the M3. Got to use them in a spec Miata last year, and they are 👌👌👌. My head and body were getting tired from the Gs lol.
                            Last edited by SQ13; 01-24-2021, 10:14 AM.
                            Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                            Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Gotta say this thread has been super helpful to see what folks are running and teal life reviews.

Keep the posting up!

Comment

I think I had the medium Z214s. There’s a soft and hard compound. I’d run them again if I find them.

The only downside is the mediums lasted about 2 weekends and then they were considerably slower.

Comment

Working...
                                X