HPDE Organizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPDE Organizations

Thought to make a topic about the different HPDE organizations people run or have run with. This could perhaps be region-specific...I live in Connecticut.

SCDA: I usually run with them since they have a ton of events here in the Northeast (almost one per week) and most of the tracks are fairly close to me...Lime Rock, Thompson Speedway, Palmer and New Jersey Motorsport Park to a lesser extent. Overall pretty happy with them and the events are well managed, not a lot of airheads that think they’re wheel to wheel racing or ppl think that they can just cruise at 50mph on track lol.
    NASA: I am a member and thought I’d give them a chance last year but they don’t have a lot of events to choose from. They are a bit cheaper than SCDA though.

I’ve also heard of Chin Track Days and Hooked on Driving but never attended. Which organizations do you guys run with?

In Northern California, I've run with:

NASA - been a few years, but my memory was the fields were waaaay too packed. If you were in a point by group, you would almost never get open track in front of you. Probably the coolest and most diverse set of cars though.

NCRC - Usually run cheaper days, but I've had nothing but good experiences. Because of the price, it tends to attract the younger tuner crowd.

Hooked on Driving - Probably the most expensive group I've run with, but awesome coaching is available. And the smaller run groups really lead to some nice driving scenarios. I've had some of my favorite drives with them! Probably more coincidence of mixing it up with a similar skilled driver, but the smaller fields do allow those natural pairings/trios to form up and have lots of fun making laps together.
    2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
    ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Theres a LRP day in March that I'm planning to go to.. HOD is a great organization and so is Chin, those guys have nice events. There's a few other groups that have private events and are a good time.
      Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

I'll self promote MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com) and I race with the SCCA.

Feff
        MVP Track Time

Comment

You get a lot of track time with Chin. I’d say that group is geared for intermediate and advanced drivers.

BMWCCA is usually worth a look. Generally those events are for the casual HPDE’er and novices. That will vary depending on the chapter.

If you’re in TX, Driver’s Edge is the best organization for novices and lower intermediates. There is a lot of emphasis put on skill development. Probably less track time than other DE orgs but you get more quality track time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would also have a look at whatever brand specific clubs you have local to you. For me there are often a few events per season with either BMWCCA or Porsche club where there is low enough participation that the track is nearly empty or you have multiple sessions\hour. Depending on the club it's not always brand restricted either which I assume might be a reason people don't necessarily think about these clubs. For me the other more general non brand affiliated clubs are usually packed.
            Last edited by lapoune; 01-26-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post
              Thought to make a topic about the different HPDE organizations people run or have run with. This could perhaps be region-specific...I live in Connecticut.

SCDA: I usually run with them since they have a ton of events here in the Northeast (almost one per week) and most of the tracks are fairly close to me...Lime Rock, Thompson Speedway, Palmer and New Jersey Motorsport Park to a lesser extent. Overall pretty happy with them and the events are well managed, not a lot of airheads that think they’re wheel to wheel racing or ppl think that they can just cruise at 50mph on track lol.
              NASA: I am a member and thought I’d give them a chance last year but they don’t have a lot of events to choose from. They are a bit cheaper than SCDA though.

I’ve also heard of Chin Track Days and Hooked on Driving but never attended. Which organizations do you guys run with?

Im in Boston and Run with the Boston/NH BMWCCA quite a bit. Its a really good group and have runs groups for all levels of drivers. With Covid and no in car instruction/novice groups we have been getting a ton of track time at events lately.

NEQ (audi) is also a great group here in the Northeast. I have run with them at Palmer and the Glen. A very laid back group with plenty of track time. I recommend them.

The GVC BMW group runs pretty much only at the Glen and has some odd rules associated with passing and such. I try to avoid them just due to the bureaucracy but have run with them in the past. They seems to get quite a few weekend dates at the glen some sometimes its a necessity.

The Boston/NH BMW club just announced their dates for this summer and are running 5 weekends. Tremblant is on the list!

Comment

this would be a never ending thread given how many new clubs get created and old ones get bought out across the nation.

i'm an old school nasa guy for instructing and time trials, but i'm a member at eagles canyon outside dallas, and have DE'ed with a bunch of local texas organizations.
                2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

I have run with SCDA, HOD, JTI, Track Daze, Drivers Edge, Chin, BMWCCA, Group 52, various PCA regions, Track Advantage, SCCA TNIA, and NASA. I may be missing one or two.

NASA is probably lowest track time but I compete in TT and it is my favorite group to run with. My other favorite part of NASA is that I can go to any region and participate. No worries about additional tech inspections or check rides. I have done 6 or 7 regions so far.

For DE, I think Chin and JTI probably give you the most track time and the advanced drivers are typically very fast and give quick point bys to faster cars.

I have really enjoyed every group and would drive with most again.

When I ran with SCDA it was at WGI and there were a lot of cars. A bit too much traffic for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
                    Theres a LRP day in March that I'm planning to go to.. HOD is a great organization and so is Chin, those guys have nice events. There's a few other groups that have private events and are a good time.
                    Are you talking about the LRP member track day? The price for that is a bit steep, equals to running 3 events with any other organization

Comment

Are you talking about the LRP member track day? The price for that is a bit steep, equals to running 3 events with any other organization
                      nope.. It's actually on the 6th, its through Metro Track Addicts.
                      Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post

nope.. It's actually on the 6th, its through Metro Track Addicts.
                        Ok got it. I will look into that!

Comment

Ran with a lot of different groups. SpeedSF, NCRC, OnGrid, Speed Ventures, NASA, SCCA, GGLC, BMWCCA, Speed District, HOD, Trackmasters,

There's plenty of other groups here in CA. But will be transitioning my focus to NASA ST4
                          sigfinal22
                          IG: @marcdavid038

Comment

Hey, I’m in Connecticut as well. I usually run with TINA at Thompson, Palmer sometimes they even have lime rock can’t beat the price for little afternoon outing, CARTCT has good events as well with Time Trails, COMSCC as well has events with time trails, MOE HPDE at NJMP has good events with ton of seat time, But my absolute favorite is MASSTuning have been running with them since they started couple years ago and have grown tremendously through the years this year they have 20+ events covering almost every track in the northeast you can think of, best part is you get more seat time than you can possibly wish for minimum 7 sessions through the day sometimes more. Very well organized good bunch of guys Armin is the man👌, all that for right around $325 per event depending on the track can’t beat the price. Be more than happy to meet up at one of the events this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Radekxpl; 02-16-2021, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MD_M3 View Post
                              Ran with a lot of different groups. SpeedSF, NCRC, OnGrid, Speed Ventures, NASA, SCCA, GGLC, BMWCCA, Speed District, HOD, Trackmasters,

There's plenty of other groups here in CA. But will be transitioning my focus to NASA ST4
                              How did you like SpeedSF? I'm looking at some of their Thunderhill dates in March.

Anyone else have experience running with them?
                              '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Working...
                              X