MK60 DSC/ABS - Gathering Brake Pressure Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK60 DSC/ABS - Gathering Brake Pressure Data

I've become familiar with the MK60 DSC/ABS wiring after dealing with an ABS issue last year. Here is a site with some great info...https://3dmmotorsport.com/blogs/mk60...s-installation

I've deleted the DSC sensor since I don't need stability control...my right foot is my DSC​. I've driven without the DSC sensor for the last 3 years. The only thing I've noticed is that the brakes will cause the car to not slow down as quickly if I overcook a braking zone. I don't get the sensation of the brake pedal pulsing. Is that ice mode? I can still steer the car which tells me that the ABS is functioning. I've never gone straight off with the wheel turned...which is what I would imagine is the result of ice mode. No tire smoke unless I'm 90 degrees to the intended path of travel and I go 2 feet in. Although the website says that deleting the DSC sensor degrades ABS performance...I'm not sure that it really does.

I want to pull data from my AiM Solo DL for brake pedal pressure. I've gotten to a point where my time improvements are in braking and corner entry. Improvement is much more difficult and slower without data. I've thought about just unplugging the pressure sensors and installing an AiM sensor. Just looking for some input before I start experimenting.

Here are the options:

1. One solution is Morehead Speedworks makes a latch line... MSW AiM E46 Brake Pressure Sensor Kit (Mk60) - Morehead Speed Works. I know him (I was his instructor when he drove a Z3M). I like the product but I also prefer to keep things as close to stock as possible which makes troubleshooting and repairs much easier and OE is generally more reliable.

2. Remove the OE pressure sensor and install the AiM sensor. I could find or fab an adaptor to fit an AiM sensor into the front line and then just unplug the rear OE sensor.

3. (Most ideal) Or is there someway to pull data from the MK60? There is a lead for MIL status...does that also provide data?
    Last edited by bigjae46; 04-03-2021, 09:59 AM.

I tapped the factory brake pressure sensors and wired them into my Racecapture.

Details here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...PVqMGhAVk/edit

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
      I want to pull data from my AiM Solo DL for brake pedal pressure. I've gotten to a point where my time improvements are in braking and corner entry. Improvement is much more difficult and slower without data. I've thought about just unplugging the pressure sensors and installing an AiM sensor. Just looking for some input before I start experimenting.
      You might want to double check with Morehead Speedworks, but I don't think you can add any channels to the Aim Solo.
      AFAIK you will need to upgrade to an MXM (but I'm not sure if it can do canbus) or switch to Racecapture.

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

You might want to double check with Morehead Speedworks, but I don't think you can add any channels to the Aim Solo.
        AFAIK you will need to upgrade to an MXM (but I'm not sure if it can do canbus) or switch to Racecapture.
        If you’re able to add CAN PIDs this is a viable option as well:

Comment

Yeah, not sure if the Solo DL can add brake pressure. I want to upgrade to a dash like the MXL at some point.

For now, I’d love to see if there is a way to pull brake pressure sensor into the DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, not sure if the Solo DL can add brake pressure. I want to upgrade to a dash like the MXL at some point.

For now, I’d love to see if there is a way to pull brake pressure sensor into the DL.

It is not available on CAN at all, unless you have an AWD car (which you don’t)

Its on kbus if the DL can talk kbus. But i’m guessing it can’t.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

It is not available on CAN at all, unless you have an AWD car (which you don’t)

Its on kbus if the DL can talk kbus. But i’m guessing it can’t.
              This might sound idiotic...but is there a way to add it to the CANBUS? This is not my area of expertise...

Comment

This might sound idiotic...but is there a way to add it to the CANBUS? This is not my area of expertise...

That analogx2 i posted above will translate the analog sensors into CAN. But i don’t know anything about the DL to know how it will handle logging it.

So tap the sensors then wire it into the analog x2, then connect it up to the CAN network.

Comment

I thought you can just use the AnalogX and tap the CANBUS into the car's CANBUS. Just make sure the AnalogX has an address that the car does not currently use. Am I missing something?

I just have the MSW brake pressure sensor go to my MXP. The kit uses the rear brake pressure and not the front brake pressure.

Comment

In regards to ICE mode, I would check the yaw sensor is not faulty or moving around. After that, you could just flash the MK60 to the motorsport file and get rid of ICE mode completely. I had the same issue as you. I would press the brake pedal sometimes and at some point it would go hard and the car would not stop anymore. It was not brake fade as I had brake pressure and feeling for every corner of the track except for that one corner, periodically.

Comment

Motorsport file? Where can we get that and how to upload? Thx

Comment

As far as I know Only certain mk60 models can be flashed with the motorsport file. Not aware of any file you can just flash, but certain companies will take your module and flash it.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                          As far as I know Only certain mk60 models can be flashed with the motorsport file. Not aware of any file you can just flash, but certain companies will take your module and flash it.
                          Thanks. Can you disclose the companies? If not please send DM. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by empty View Post

Thanks. Can you disclose the companies? If not please send DM. Thx

They adapt the mk60 for E30 applications mostly. But flash these units on a regular basis. However you need to look at the part number on the unit itself and it has to end in "813.3" in order to be flashable.

Comment

Thx!

Comment

Working...
                              X