No announcement yet.

Rebuild Required: Bilstein PSS10 Coilover Kit + Vorshlag Camber Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale: Rebuild Required: Bilstein PSS10 Coilover Kit + Vorshlag Camber Plates

Hey everyone,

For sale is a set of Bilstein PSS10s I pulled off my car recently. I bought these pre-pandemic from a member of one of the E46 M3 facebook groups. Little did I know that they needed a rebuild. I ended up installing them, and subsequently began chasing an obnoxious suspension clunk, that turned out to be these... Duh. Strangely, they all seem to rebound well, and none of them are sticking, so I'm not sure what part of them was the exact source of my clunking. I know these can be rebuilt, and I'd imagine after that they'd make a nice set of coilovers for someone who needs them. I also have a set of Vorshlag camber plates that need new bearings pressed into the top, as they were ruined by the coilovers. I'm asking $675 + shipping for all of it (if using PayPal add 3%). I have no idea if this is reasonable or not, so all offers will be considered. Below are some photos, and what you see is exactly what you will receive.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211118_160938 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1178
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	137885 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211118_161046 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1202
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	137886 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211118_160952 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1144
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	137887 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211118_161122 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1173
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	137880 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211118_161052 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1167
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	137881

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files
    2006 M3 ZCP | Silver Grey | Cinnamon | 6MT | 1 of 4 in North America | @SilberGrauM3 |
    | Build Journal |

The clunking is normally from a stick-slip effect from the front inverted shock in the strut. You can pull the shock front the strut housing and clean everything up, degrease the strut inner housing, and put them back together. I would stay with a high end grease, but you may want to call Bilstein and see what they recommend. As for the spherical bearings in the camber plates - those wear out normally and may not have anything to do with the struts. Bearings like that need to be grease, a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by hondaman23 View Post
      The clunking is normally from a stick-slip effect from the front inverted shock in the strut. You can pull the shock front the strut housing and clean everything up, degrease the strut inner housing, and put them back together. I would stay with a high end grease, but you may want to call Bilstein and see what they recommend. As for the spherical bearings in the camber plates - those wear out normally and may not have anything to do with the struts. Bearings like that need to be grease, a lot!
      Thanks for the tip! If only I knew this before I replaced them . If that's all they need, then someone is getting a great deal on some coilovers that need very little work. Price drop $650 + shipping
      2006 M3 ZCP | Silver Grey | Cinnamon | 6MT | 1 of 4 in North America | @SilberGrauM3 |
      | Build Journal |

Comment

TTT
        | Build Journal |

Comment

Bump! Someone make me a reasonable offer!
          | Build Journal |

Comment

Price drop: $575
            | Build Journal |

Comment

TTT
              | Build Journal |

Comment

Split the camber plates? Idk if it’s possible to get spring perches changed to what I use. But I could inquire

Comment

Originally posted by Aapex05 View Post
                  Split the camber plates? Idk if it’s possible to get spring perches changed to what I use. But I could inquire
                  You can, I use Bilstein-based coil overs and changed the perches to run linear swift 2.5in springs. The threaded bodies are M52x1.5, so any perch and locking nut in this size will fit.

Ohlins sell 2.5in spring perches for M52x1.5 threaded bodies.

Comment

Price drop: $500 OBO
                    | Build Journal |

Comment

Where are you located for local pick up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post
                        Where are you located for local pick up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Cleveland, Ohio
                        | Build Journal |

Comment

TTT
                          | Build Journal |

Comment

TTT
                            | Build Journal |

Comment

Working...
                            X