Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: (Found)Seat wiring harness

***ITEM FOUND LOCALLY***

Looking for a seat wiring harness for heated/power seats. It doesn't have to have power I suppose as I am just looking for a harness to run power to seat heats in aftermarket seats.

Here is a photo of my current seat connector, simply put this is what I'm looking for.

Unfortunately the part numbers on my harness don't turn up a connector with both "left" and "right" portions with the large blade style connectors present.

A connector with pins 25/26 (right side) is what im after, thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221223_215306.jpg Views:	63 Size:	126.1 KB ID:	197367
    Last edited by Cubieman; 01-01-2023, 06:22 PM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

So you are looking for the mail connectors, not a female connector from the floor harness? I can take a look around for you and let you know if I find one.
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
      So you are looking for the mail connectors, not a female connector from the floor harness? I can take a look around for you and let you know if I find one.
      I am looking for the harness for the seat and not the main harness that comes out from the carpet. I have found many harnesses however none have the "right hand" connector I have circled in red.

I found a local guy that is selling me some non-m powered/heated seats and so far his photos are the first time Ive seen the right hand side occupied.

I think the E46 seat heats must either have come with this "right hand" portion of the harness (pins 25/26) included or these pins are part of the seat heat itself as I have yet to see a harness for sale that includes pins 25/26.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I am looking for the harness for the seat and not the main harness that comes out from the carpet. I have found many harnesses however none have the "right hand" connector I have circled in red.

I found a local guy that is selling me some non-m powered/heated seats and so far his photos are the first time Ive seen the right hand side occupied.

I think the E46 seat heats must either have come with this "right hand" portion of the harness (pins 25/26) included or these pins are part of the seat heat itself as I have yet to see a harness for sale that includes pins 25/26.
        I just recently removed my manual heated seats and if I recall correctly there were two connections for the heaters those left and right sides as you pictured. One was for the back heater section and the other for the bottom. They are definitely wired from the seat. You can detach the lid from yellow connector harness and remove those section of pins, as they were modular based on car options.
        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Yup I have the main harness in front of me and also recall the heated seat connector is part of the heated seat and not the main seat power harness. The connector you’re looking for in believe connects to the heating element in the seats then plugs into the yellow connection block.

Looks like you’ll beat me to it but if this isn’t urgent, I’m undertaking a similar project soon to add heating elements to my recaros from factory seats and will indeed need to add that heated seat connector to the connection block like you pictured.

Here’s the main harness for instance and there is only one for all powered seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

correct me if im wrong but pin 25 and 26 (circled right) is for the heated elements and on the left its a stock pins even my non heated seats have them.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeetastic View Post
              correct me if im wrong but pin 25 and 26 (circled right) is for the heated elements and on the left its a stock pins even my non heated seats have them.
              That would appear to be correct, I haven't had much time to look over my seats I bought yesterday but it looks like the portion circled in red on the right supplies power to both seat heats.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

That would appear to be correct, I haven't had much time to look over my seats I bought yesterday but it looks like the portion circled in red on the right supplies power to both seat heats.
                TIS is showing different pin numbers, but yeah looks like both elements are controlled by the same pins:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230102-220546_Chrome Beta.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	198721
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

FWIW here is a junkyard heated seat harness that illustrates the seat heat wiring and shows that the seat heats themselves are part of the harness.

The right hand portion I have circled in red in my other photo provides power to both the upper and lower seat heats. The lower seat heat has 3 wires and the upper seat heat has 2 wires with a connector to allow for seat disassembly.

All 5 wires comes from pins 23/24/25.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230108_165811.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	199651 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230108_165045.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	199652 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230108_165835.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	199653

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                  X