WTB - Dinan TBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB - Dinan TBs

Just wanted to check here before buying from the site. Anybody have a set for sale? Let me know!
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

You can get them through autotalent and get 5% off, no tax, and free shipping. After the core you’re looking at around $1200.

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post
      You can get them through autotalent and get 5% off, no tax, and free shipping. After the core you’re looking at around $1200.
      Thanks!
      2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

MpartsWW has a set for $1200 and Recyclebmwparts (IG) had/has a set for $800, but that was some time ago now.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Ended up buying direct from Dinan. It’s worth getting them there because the kit includes replacement o-rings, hardware and clamps, which are valued at least $350 if you chose to buy them separately. The TB synchronization TIS states the nuts and bolts are one time use!

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
            Ended up buying direct from Dinan. It’s worth getting them there because the kit includes replacement o-rings, hardware and clamps, which are valued at least $350 if you chose to buy them separately. The TB synchronization TIS states the nuts and bolts are one time use!
            What’d it run you after the core ?

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post

What’d it run you after the core ?
              Still need to return the core to see how it settles out. The only reason I hesitate to answer is because I got a military discount from Dinan. My total with core charge was $3170. I’m not sure if they discounted my core charge or not. Core charge is typically $1950. Either way it was worth the slightly extra money to go new for this IMO.

Comment

Doesn't somebody machine out the throttle body if you send your set in? I saw that somewhere.

Feff
                MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by Feffman View Post
                  Doesn't somebody machine out the throttle body if you send your set in? I saw that somewhere.

Feff
                  Dinan essentially performs this service in-house. When you buy their product they bore out core TBs that have in stock and replace the butterflies. You aren’t necessarily getting a “new” part. VAC does the exact same thing.

Comment

I don't understand how these TBs can be perceived as a great ROI for these cars. $3,200 (on sale) for a product that produces 6 hp and 4 LB-FT (only when paired with Dinan with software) seems like a crazy value prop to me. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post
                      I don't understand how these TBs can be perceived as a great ROI for these cars. $3,200 (on sale) for a product that produces 6 hp and 4 LB-FT (only when paired with Dinan with software) seems like a crazy value prop to me. Or maybe I'm missing something?
                      Factor in a CSL intake that feeds more air, cams that use more of the air, 2.5in exhaust that exhaust more of the air. I'm sure those numbers would look different then.
                      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Ah. I see. Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                          Dinan essentially performs this service in-house. When you buy their product they bore out core TBs that have in stock and replace the butterflies. You aren’t necessarily getting a “new” part. VAC does the exact same thing.
                          That's where I saw it ($1,400). https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac...s54-p2430.aspx
                          MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

Factor in a CSL intake that feeds more air, cams that use more of the air, 2.5in exhaust that exhaust more of the air. I'm sure those numbers would look different then.
                            Wonder if these are good for 15+ whp with all of that. Might be worth it for $1200. I could get some and dyno before/after.
                            Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 02-06-2023, 04:03 PM.
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post
                              They aren’t $3200. That price includes a core charge of $1950. After you get that back it comes out to around $1300. Are there better mods for the money? Sure, but I’ve done pretty much everything else with my build. Choose your own adventure.

Comment

Working...
                              X