Mint ZCP / CSL wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

Something about them looks different but I can't tell what it is... maybe just the color?

can you point out to what you mean?

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...el-differences
    Spokes on the original BBS wheels are straight and thicker, at least on the rear wheels. Front BBS spokes have a bit of an 'S' curve to them which is also very different from the VMR spokes which have a different shape from BBS both front and rear.

This could be trivial to most but any purist will notice it instantly...
    Last edited by PetrolM3; 02-20-2023, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post

Spokes on the original BBS wheels are straight and thicker, at least on the rear wheels. Front BBS spokes have a bit of an 'S' curve to them which is also very different from the VMR spokes which have a different shape from BBS both front and rear.

This could be trivial to most but any purist will notice it instantly...
      I think the biggest difference that is right away noticeable is the letters around the center cap and the fact that the center cap area is deeper which makes them look more concave. Oh well, mine are going on a Z4M so I am not going to be that picky. For my E46 it may be another story.
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

My square rear set is currently pending to someone local, but if for whatever reason the sale falls through I’ll probably be posting here.

Comment

Simon some BMW online vendors run free shipping promo and no tax which saves you a ton. If you are patient I think they can be had for $2400 or less shipped. BMW Parts hub usually has really good prices. I got my E92 competition wheels from them with no tax and no shipping which saves me a huge chunk there. They have a free shipping promo now but I think they have switched to freight shipping. Call them and see if they would ship it via fedex. They have unbeatable prices sometimes.
          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
            Simon some BMW online vendors run free shipping promo and no tax which saves you a ton. If you are patient I think they can be had for $2400 or less shipped. BMW Parts hub usually has really good prices. I got my E92 competition wheels from them with no tax and no shipping which saves me a huge chunk there. They have a free shipping promo now but I think they have switched to freight shipping. Call them and see if they would ship it via fedex. They have unbeatable prices sometimes.
            Thanks for the pro tip! I haven't used BMW parts hub but love the idea of free shipping and no tax. I'm not in a rush so willing to wait but I'll reach out to see what they got going on.

Comment

Maxima SE Looks like they are charging $564.88 for freight shipping (like you mentioned) right now. Oof

Comment

Originally posted by simon_c View Post
                Maxima SE Looks like they are charging $564.88 for freight shipping (like you mentioned) right now. Oof
                Yes they are. I got my E92 wheels from them in September and they double boxed them but two of them still got dinged so I think now they just do freight and probably put them on a pallet. Ask for Anthony and see if he is willing to ship without freight. He’s the parts manager and legit guy. He sent me labels to send the damaged wheels back right away. Headache free experience. I basically paid for the wheels alone and no tax or shipping which is why I pulled the trigger in them. My wheels were $2250 shipped.
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X