No announcement yet.

Induktiv Wireless device charging unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine and installed, pretty straight forward. The fit and finish are 7/10 with a small gap on the passenger side. It's on par with the cheap inserts you can buy on Amazon for $30. Wiring was easy and I get a charge with my iPhone 12 Max in a leather case. It definitely connects easier without the case but I think it is good enough to serve its purpose. I actually prefer the unpainted plastic as it will wear better, but it is not a great OE match. There are glossy spots you can see in the pics below. I imagine future revisions will be better. My experience with Mike/Status Gruppe over the years is that ultimately the product is pretty good once they get the production sorted out (and you don't care about delivery times). $170 is a little steep for what is not far off a prototype, but I knew what I was getting into and appreciate vendors are still innovating for this platform. Maybe there can be some kind of trade in if it improves.

Now I actually have somewhere to put my phone other than the passenger seat 😂, the charging is a bonus. Overall I'm still happy with the purchase.

Click image for larger version  Name:	51110025068_82a3376ed5_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.8 KB ID:	98365
    Click image for larger version  Name:	51110025083_872d96b6d3_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.2 KB ID:	98366
    Click image for larger version  Name:	51110893915_c5fba757ed_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	207.9 KB ID:	98367
    Click image for larger version  Name:	51110893905_9b74fb9f8b_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.8 KB ID:	98368
    Last edited by robgill; 04-12-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

didn't know it was a Status Gruppe product. Your cupholder looks smoother than other pics i've seen, where the others look 3D printed.

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
        didn't know it was a Status Gruppe product. Your cupholder looks smoother than other pics i've seen, where the others look 3D printed.
        He removed his rubber padding. I may do the same lol.

he also has the same exact gaps I have. I knew it wasn’t just my install. Otherwise the convenience it gives me outweighs the minor flaws

Comment

installed mine yesterday....looks a little different than the one you guys have

Comment

Ha! There's a blast from the past!

Since all e46s are prewired specifically to charge a phone in this location, using a factory bracket like above, it's kind of sad the induktiv unit doesn't take advantage of that instead of the cig lighter install.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
              Ha! There's a blast from the past!

Since all e46s are prewired specifically to charge a phone in this location, using a factory bracket like above, it's kind of sad the induktiv unit doesn't take advantage of that instead of the cig lighter install.
              unfortunately this would not work as European models did not come equipped with the harness we have been told by multiple people. (We have yet to check for our self’s) and pre 2000 cars do not have it either. so in the interest of making it universal to all e46 we decided to go that route.

we have modified the molds to fix all fitment issues to be as close to oem as possible now and have units Instock ready to ship. We also have a new CF look finish releasing in the next couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by INDUKTIV View Post

unfortunately this would not work as European models did not come equipped with the harness we have been told by multiple people. (We have yet to check for our self’s) and pre 2000 cars do not have it either. so in the interest of making it universal to all e46 we decided to go that route.

we have modified the molds to fix all fitment issues to be as close to oem as possible now and have units Instock ready to ship. We also have a new CF look finish releasing in the next couple of weeks
                Does that mean we can swap out the older ones that don’t fit correctly?

Mike
                02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
                11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
                16 X5

Comment

Bump for any long term reviews? Does anyone have an updated version and can confirm the fitment issues are fixed?
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                    Bump for any long term reviews? Does anyone have an updated version and can confirm the fitment issues are fixed?
                    I have the updated version and plan to install mine this weekend. Will report back.
                    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

I’ve had mine over a year now and pretty happy with it. I was a pre order so I assume mine is V1. The fit isn’t OE, small gap on the passenger but honestly I don’t even notice it. The charging is slow and if you are using CarPlay with music, gps etc it basically keeps the battery even with sometimes an additional charge. Overall happy with the purchase.

Comment

Also still happy with my V1, but, if they update it to support magsafe, I'll upgrade immediately.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I installed my V2 unit this weekend. Install was a breeze and just followed the instructions posted on their website. They include a pigtail on the end of the harness to make it plug and play. Fitment into the center console looks spot on. The charging space fit my iPhone 12 Pro Max with a MagSafe apple case perfectly and changing instantly turned on when placed.

2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Has anybody notice their phones and the Inductiv unit getting really hot while charging? My phone isn’t really charging and is overheating.

I wrote them an email but haven’t heard back yet.

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                              Has anybody notice their phones and the Inductiv unit getting really hot while charging? My phone isn’t really charging and is overheating.

I wrote them an email but haven’t heard back yet.
                              Yup, but I figured that was par for the course. It seems to maintain my battery while streaming music.

My biggest complaint is that I have to wiggle my iPhone 13 to get it start charging.

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Yup, but I figured that was par for the course. It seems to maintain my battery while streaming music.

My biggest complaint is that I have to wiggle my iPhone 13 to get it start charging.
                                Well that is really disappointing. That is my exact same experience. Just maintaining battery while streaming music. Are there any fixes for this?

Overall with the heat, this is doing more harm than good.

Comment

Working...
                                X