No announcement yet.

Induktiv Wireless device charging unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need a magsafe version. Might just modify mine to do it.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Guys my phones, both apple and Samsung, are burning hot on the charger. anyone else experience this? If this is common im just going to remove this and go back to the lighter charger setup.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
        Guys my phones, both apple and Samsung, are burning hot on the charger. anyone else experience this? If this is common im just going to remove this and go back to the lighter charger setup.
        Same, I installed 2 of these chargers and both of them get the Iphones hot. Also after my 30 minute commute, the battery barely has any additional charge. Phone is not streaming to anything, just charging. I already removed it from my wife's m3 and am about to remove mine as well. If anyone received a reply from SG re: this issue please post the response here.

Comment

I reached out to SG (Induktiv) and spoke with Mike directly about this issue. About 6 months ago, I drove down to San Diego on a work trip and stopped by the shop to drop off the unit. Mike informed me that early unit had quality control issues with the wireless charger which caused the over heating issue. He swapped out the charging unit on the spot and I was in my way within 30 minutes. If you reach out and tell them about the issue, I'm sure they would address it. There was no cost to have it fixed. If you aren't local you likely would just need to ship it. Not sure if they would cover shipping costs or not.

I only recently reinstalled the unit and haven't driven the car much (due to a recent move to KS) to know if the problem has been completely resolved. I'll report back if I still have a overheating problem.

On a side note, I just ordered a new silicone cup holder insert. It replaces the original 3D printed one that looked a little cheap IMO. This is a nice smooth finish and was $20. I'll get it in the next week or so and post pictures. You can probably find pics from their instagram post.
          2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
            I reached out to SG (Induktiv) and spoke with Mike directly about this issue. About 6 months ago, I drove down to San Diego on a work trip and stopped by the shop to drop off the unit. Mike informed me that early unit had quality control issues with the wireless charger which caused the over heating issue. He swapped out the charging unit on the spot and I was in my way within 30 minutes. If you reach out and tell them about the issue, I'm sure they would address it. There was no cost to have it fixed. If you aren't local you likely would just need to ship it. Not sure if they would cover shipping costs or not.

I only recently reinstalled the unit and haven't driven the car much (due to a recent move to KS) to know if the problem has been completely resolved. I'll report back if I still have a overheating problem.

On a side note, I just ordered a new silicone cup holder insert. It replaces the original 3D printed one that looked a little cheap IMO. This is a nice smooth finish and was $20. I'll get it in the next week or so and post pictures. You can probably find pics from their instagram post.
            perfect thanks for sharing! i'm just down the street from them so i'll stop by and see if I can get the revised version.

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Thanks for the update! Please update us if the issue is resolved or still there. Thank you.

Comment

Alright I just came back from speaking to Mike and he was more than willing to help me out. I just need to go back there with the chargers i already purchased. He mentioned that he'll probably do some kind of exchange program for the revised part, but is not sure yet how much he's going to charge. I'm just glad to know i'll have a functional charger now.

Comment

Working...
                X