No announcement yet.

Induktiv Wireless device charging unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys! Joined the forum to answer any questions.
    1. This will be a abs part with a machined texture to match oem finish. It will have to have a coating as there can me a inconsistent finish if left raw plastic due to thickness of certain parts (we have seen this in our e8x and e9x units) the raised parts of the tray will get the most abuse but should hold up well. We are shooting for a hard finish Vs soft touch.

we are still working on finish. I have attached a picture showing the newest version of coating

2. For all models this will be plug n play. 99 models will have a different harness to connect and take power from the 12v cig lighter plug. 00-06 cars all are pre-wired for phone and have a 18pin plug that our charger will plug into.

Comment

Originally posted by INDUKTIV View Post
      Hi guys! Joined the forum to answer any questions.
      1. This will be a abs part with a machined texture to match oem finish. It will have to have a coating as there can me a inconsistent finish if left raw plastic due to thickness of certain parts (we have seen this in our e8x and e9x units) the raised parts of the tray will get the most abuse but should hold up well. We are shooting for a hard finish Vs soft touch.

we are still working on finish. I have attached a picture showing the newest version of coating

2. For all models this will be plug n play. 99 models will have a different harness to connect and take power from the 12v cig lighter plug. 00-06 cars all are pre-wired for phone and have a 18pin plug that our charger will plug into.

Welcome! I was just about to post this for you guys. Thanks for sending me the pictures. Can't wait to get this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Comment

How long is the pre-sale open?
        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

I've been using a sleep tracker app lately, and the wireless charger my phone sits on at night cannot charge fast enough to overcome the drain of the sleepy time app. I'd guess the same thing would happen here with waze & spotify going on apple car play?

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post
            I've been using a sleep tracker app lately, and the wireless charger my phone sits on at night cannot charge fast enough to overcome the drain of the sleepy time app. I'd guess the same thing would happen here with waze & spotify going on apple car play?
            There are multiple speed ratings for wireless chargers.

With the phone screen off charging while running CarPlay should be no issue (assuming inductiv is using one of the faster variants). Running waze screen on might be more borderline.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by INDUKTIV View Post
              FWIW, most E46s outside of the U.S. were not equipped with the factory telephone pre-wiring and will need the 12v lighter plug.

Thanks!
              -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

FWIW, most E46s outside of the U.S. were not equipped with the factory telephone pre-wiring and will need the 12v lighter plug.

Thanks!
                -Ted
                +1 to this

Comment

Just ordered! I havent been able to find a good place to keep my phone in this car. I dont even care that much about the charging feature, this is perfect for a storage spot. Charging is just a bonus.

FYI for this interested...tax is is $10 and shipping is another $25!
                  2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Does anyone know what the power output of the charger is rated at?

Comment

Originally posted by ZiMMie View Post
                      Does anyone know what the power output of the charger is rated at?
                      I just wrote them a message on Instagram and they told me they don’t have the specs yet. Not sure why the design isn’t completed??

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

I just wrote them a message on Instagram and they told me they don’t have the specs yet. Not sure why the design isn’t completed??
                        They're probably not ready to commit to a number, which is silly considering it should be shipping soon.

Comment

So, any chance of building one of these with Apple's "MagSafe" charger? Or even just sticking a magnet in the right spot without worrying about the 15W support? Seems like it'd be a nice way to make sure the phone doesn't go flying

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                            So, any chance of building one of these with Apple's "MagSafe" charger? Or even just sticking a magnet in the right spot without worrying about the 15W support? Seems like it'd be a nice way to make sure the phone doesn't go flying
                            Ha, I sent him almost that exact message on instagram yesterday.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i
                            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I pre-ordered the dove grey, I will pick up locally, will let you guys know how it looks, fits and works. I already pulled out the phone cables, they were tied up pretty good under the cup holders.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Ha, I sent him almost that exact message on instagram yesterday.
                                Any word back from them on that? That's a great idea. Also wondering about anything for E39 cars. That's my main road trip machine so would be really excited about an option there. I usually stick my phone in the little tray next to the 12V socket by the "cupholders".

Comment

Working...
                                X