Induktiv Wireless device charging unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rbg View Post
    I think he was talking about TexaZ3. My biggest problem that the tray doesn't look deep enough so the phone will be flying all over the places while cornering.
    Yeah, TexaZ3 does awesome work.
    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Depends on how many watts your wireless charging pad puts out and the phone you're using. You can get 15w wireless chargers now, which is plenty to keep up with Waze but how much your phone pulls depends on the phone. iPhone 11 Pro tops out at 7.5W, Google's Pixel 4 can charge at 11W, and Samsung's Galaxy S20 can charge at up to 15W wirelessly.

So..depends.
      Thanks. Using iPhone X. I always charge with pd and usb-c so I think it’s 15W. Looks like my phone is only capable of 7.5W wireless charging though, do you think that’ll keep up?

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
        Here is the pic i received from Induktiv

Click image for larger version

Name:	E46.jpg
Views:	1589
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	58307
        That looks pretty accurate. Either way you can’t really lose because Texaz3 can just refinish it. Crazy good pricing too!

Comment

I am sure the finish on the production version will be better. Now I need to Get a console without armrest ASAP lol

Comment

I am sure the finish on the production version will be better. Now I need to Get a console without armrest ASAP lol
            I don’t see the relation between this and nixing the arm rest?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Make sure you get part number 51168235570 along with the shorter console. It's a bracket to hold the rear of the console. Recently swapped mine out and forgot to buy this.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I don’t see the relation between this and nixing the arm rest?
                I just don’t like the armrest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Make sure you get part number 51168235570 along with the shorter console. It's a bracket to hold the rear of the console. Recently swapped mine out and forgot to buy this.
                  Will do. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks guys. Couple of things to consider with this - painted/coated tray for the phone will get scratched over time because any coating, even the best and most durable won't withstand constant phone sliding, and occasional fingernails while grabbing it, etc. The Induktiv piece looks unfinished - raw textured plastic, and this might be the reason why. I'd actually prefer it to be unpainted, but closely matching the texture/color/sheen.
                    BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

We just got these added for pre orders, I know im going to get one and can hopefully get better photos of the finish when they get here

Comment

Another concern. If there is no kill switch on that coil it will be destroying all you credit cards every time you accidentally put your wallet in that tray, right?

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                          Another concern. If there is no kill switch on that coil it will be destroying all you credit cards every time you accidentally put your wallet in that tray, right?
                          I don't think that's a concern for me, as I never put my wallet there, but is that a thing? I've never heard of Qi chargers killing credit cards, and a casual googling doesn't pull up anything about that...

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Does anyone know how this will wire into the vehicle?

My first thought is to tap into X4545 (Eject Box [A117]) for Terminal 30 and Ground as I have wire-to-wire connectors for that black 18 pin connector, which would make it an OE install, but if they have a better idea I'm open to it.

-Ted

Comment

For what it's worth, I have my bank card in the case on my phone and wirelessly charge it daily at home and in my other car (with the case on). No issues with the card over the last 2 years.

Comment

Ok great! I am new to wireless charging and heard all those horror stories. Theoretically it can damage it, but I guess the field is not strong enough. Good to know, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X