Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using E92 DCT on S85 possible?

Hello everybody,

First, I have neither of those cars, but I'm quite interested in BMW coding and playing around with DMEs.

BMW showcased an M5 E60 with the DCT transmission of the M3 E92 for their 25years of M5 anniversary.

They used that car to test the DCT for durability and it shows that Getrag DCT and MSS60 can be done, the question is how.

I know from a German tuner (Burkhart Engineering), who built an M3 E46 with a S62 and the 6 speed SMG from the original car and this is quite a similar situation.

MSS52/MSS54 and MSS60/MSS65 look to be very, very similar. Afaik its even possible to convert (solder) a 6cylinder MSS54 to a 8cylinder MSS52 whilst retaining the program area of the SMG capable MSS54.

Now with MSS60 and MSS65 this could be a similar way to get DCT support on a V10, or is it not possible this way.

Another possibility would be a developement-only firmware. I know from my Siemens research that they did all kinds of fancy stuff. Even livetuning was possible over a second application CAN.

Let me hear your thoughts on that.

There is a massive 30-page thread about it here: https://www.m5board.com/threads/lets.../topics/461873. There are other options though, MaxxECU pro and Syvecs can control the s85 and the e92m3 DCT.

The above thread started in 2015, but as of Jan 10th 2023 it looks like a user was FINALLY able to flash a s85 tune on a mss65 (e92m3 dme) with dct. They're getting closer.
    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
    X