No announcement yet.

MSS60 Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I've written modified programs with no issue. RSA bypass needs to be done first

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
      Yeah I've written modified programs with no issue. RSA bypass needs to be done first
      Nice. Are you open to doing similar RSA bypass for other BMW ECUs as paid work? Tried to PM you, won’t let me.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
        That resistor to boot from external SRAM could be useful for recovering complete bricks.
        This similar to SBOOT on newer ECUs?

Documentation and tools about Simos18 SBOOT (Supplier Bootloader), including a Seed/Key bypass and Tricore boot password recovery tool. - bri3d/Simos18_SBOOT

Comment

Originally posted by pshoey View Post
          terra do you remember what OCD Speed setting you used with your Wiggler?

Also, seems my 5KW9586 ECU is BDM locked. I borrowed a Yanhua ACDP adapter that can read out either side - worked perfectly on my MSS65 but on the MSS60s I have, works on right side (obviously) but not on left side.

Interestingly, on 2 of the later ECU units, the error on the left side was CPU Encrypted but on the 9586 the error was "wrong model" (related to cpu identity).

I have one unit left to try, a 5KW9588 with 080E version of software. I'll open it up tomorrow if I get time.

It would seem to me that the "BDM lock" was introduced by a software update, given that the lock is software activated - I know you (@terra) disagree with that general opinion.
          pshoey Do you know what version of SP-DATEN had the 080E? I have a half BDM read of one, but no full OBD read. Want to flash an mss60 with it from WinKFP and do some testing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by adrianj73 View Post

pshoey Do you know what version of SP-DATEN had the 080E? I have a half BDM read of one, but no full OBD read. Want to flash an mss60 with it from WinKFP and do some testing on it.
            Z08E is an update released in Jul2008
            Hardware 7841981 and soft EU 7841976 (ZB 7841975) US 7841978 (ZB 7841977)
            If you need I could send

Comment

Working...
            X