EWS delete testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZiMMie View Post

​​​​​​For a few days / or a week. I have a another M5 waiting for parts. I can swap in my DME for quick testing.
    could you swap in your dme to another car and then do a ram read? I suspect 3FB7 of the injection side will be set to 0.

if so I think we can change 0xEE667 from 00 to 02 for ews delete for mss65 160E
    Last edited by hobbit382; 08-21-2021, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbit382 View Post

could you swap in your dme to another car and then do a ram read? I suspect 3FB7 of the injection side will be set to 0.

if so I think we can change 0x6E667 from 00 to 02 for ews delete for mss65 160E
      nope its actually set to 02.

ram read attached.

0x6E667 is set to FF on the full read.

Attached Files

Comment

nope its actually set to 02.

ram read attached.

0x6E667 is set to FF on the full read.
        its set to 02 with the dme plugged into a different car?

can you also send me your full read?
        Last edited by hobbit382; 08-19-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

CX09583 memory read is the donor DME.
          Attached Files

Comment

CX09583 memory read is the donor DME.
            updated post. 0xEE667 from 00 to 02

Comment

it didnt seems to work.

here is the memory read.
              Attached Files

Comment

it didnt seems to work.

here is the memory read.
                ok lets try this.
                change address 0x60FBC from 40 82 to 48 00

Comment

Worked!

EWS code is set but doesnt trigger CEL.

attached is the memory read.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by ZiMMie; 08-22-2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Congratulations hobbit382 ! So what RAM address do you succeed to force because 3FB7 is still at 0x02?
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Worked!

EWS code is set but doesnt trigger CEL.

attached is the memory read.
                      cool. Easy enough to delete the fault. Which fault/s do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post
                        Congratulations hobbit382 ! So what RAM address do you succeed to force because 3FB7 is still at 0x02?
                        I didn’t force any RAM, I changed the branch if not equal to always branch. I wanted to change the ram to make sure it spread to other subs that might be used, but it didn’t work the way I expected. Mss65 is actually quite a bit easier than mss60 it seems. Hopefully we get some testers for mss60. I’ll be out of town for the next 2 weeks so won’t be able to test myself.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbit382 View Post

cool. Easy enough to delete the fault. Which fault/s do you have?
                          Figured, don't remember the exact code. I'm also out of town for the next few weeks.

Ordered another MSS65 to play with.

Comment

Congrats hobbit382 and thanks for sharing! Equivalent code in 520E version of MSS65 appears to be at 62DA6

Looks like I was digging around the equivalent subroutine myself in the MSS60 preproduction firmware (which appears to be EWS3 based despite being an MSS60 program) -- the actual skipped branch appears to be for the Ews_st check. Which makes sense.

Equivalent section of code in 241E seems to be at 5D2F0, but I have no idea if it actually works there.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                              Congrats hobbit382 and thanks for sharing! Equivalent code in 520E version of MSS65 appears to be at 62DA6

Looks like I was digging around the equivalent subroutine myself in the MSS60 preproduction firmware (which appears to be EWS3 based despite being an MSS60 program) -- the actual skipped branch appears to be for the Ews_st check. Which makes sense.

Equivalent section of code in 241E seems to be at 5D2F0, but I have no idea if it actually works there.
                              unfortunately it’s not as easy on mss60. I’ve tried the same mod, it starts and runs, but misfires and throws a bunch of faults. Hopefully the mod I posted originally in this thread has some success.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

terra
                                62DA8 for 520E software MSS65 😉

Comment

Working...
                                X