EWS delete testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobbit382 View Post
    I’ve been working on ews delete for everyone, but don’t always have a car available to test on. If anyone has a spare dme and would like to do some testing change byte 0x65387 from 03 to 01 and report back.
    Anyone able to test this?

Comment

I have an M3 and some spare MSS60s - what would be the steps to test this?

Also, can we have one post with all the info - for MSS60 and MSS65 ? would save people paging through many posts.

Comment

Originally posted by pshoey View Post
        I have an M3 and some spare MSS60s - what would be the steps to test this?

Also, can we have one post with all the info - for MSS60 and MSS65 ? would save people paging through many posts.
        Do you have/ know how to use a hex editor?

I can edit the original post once it’s verified

Comment

Yes, hex edit is no problem

I just want to make sure I a) don't fuck up my M3 and b) test the right steps so that I'm contributing useful test data.

Mainly want I need to know is what do I need to take from my existing DME (that does have a tune) for the new DME? Does EWS delete mean I don't need to do anything other than plug in the DME and it should just start?

Thanks for checking though !!

P.
          Last edited by pshoey; 08-28-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I just want to make sure I a) don't fuck up my M3 and b) test the right steps so that I'm contributing useful test data.

Mainly want I need to know is what do I need to take from my existing DME (that does have a tune) for the new DME? Does EWS delete mean I don't need to do anything other than plug in the DME and it should just start?

P.
            gotcha.

Just edit the bin at the address listed (verify your on 241e) flash the dme and check if it starts. If it does not, pull a ram read for me. If it does start, check to see what faults it has if any.

Comment

P.
              were you able to test it yet?

Comment

Not yet - i have to remove the tune first - and of course the tune software had expired so I now that i have a new version - i can put the car back to stock, probably tonight and then try the patch.

Comment

Not yet - i have to remove the tune first - and of course the tune software had expired so I now that i have a new version - i can put the car back to stock, probably tonight and then try the patch.
                  Are you trying to do this on the factory dme? I thought you had a spare mss60?

Comment

I do have several spare MSS60 ECUs - so just to be clear (sorry for appearing dumb here!!) you want me to patch one of my spare MSS60s units, then install in vehicle and see if she starts and what codes might be logged?

Comment

I do have several spare MSS60 ECUs - so just to be clear (sorry for appearing dumb here!!) you want me to patch one of my spare MSS60s units, then install in vehicle and see if she starts and what codes might be logged?
                      correct. Having the stock dme, would probably start no matter. Use one of your spares and see if it will start.

Comment

It works!! Flashed a spare ECU with the 1 byte change and she fired up right away.

Only DME code I see is 2792 DME: Power management, vehicle electrical system but I think that was previously logged in the ECU as the mileage reported is much much greater than the car mileage.

Seems you got it - great work.
                        Last edited by pshoey; 09-02-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

It works!! Flashed a spare ECU with the 1 byte change and she fired up right away.

Only DME code I see is 2792 DME: Power management, vehicle electrical system but I think that was previously logged in the ECU as the mileage reported is much much greater than the car mileage.

Seems you got it - great work.
                          sweet! Thanks for testing.
                          I’ll update the original post for everyone.

Comment

I’ve been working on ews delete for everyone, but don’t always have a car available to test on. If anyone has a spare dme and would like to do some testing change byte 0x65387 from 03 to 01 and report back.

update: tested and confirmed

Mss60 241E
                            change byte 0x65387 from 03 to 01
                            (Confirmed)

Mss65 160E
                            change address 0x60FBC from 40 82 to 48 00 (confirmed)

MSS65 520E
                            change address 0x62DA8 from 40 82 to 48 00 (this software version is still untested but should be the same, if anyone test and confirms let me know so I can remove it)

special thanks to Terra, for all the hard work he has put into this flasher and everything else!

hobbit382

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTVDyiq...dium=copy_link

I tested both the 160E version and the 520E version

And Software Version 520E works perfectly
                            Last edited by MSSAddict; 09-02-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MSSAddict View Post

hobbit382

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTVDyiq...dium=copy_link

I tested both the 160E version and the 520E version

And Software Version 520E works perfectly
                              thank you

Comment

update: tested and confirmed

Mss60 241E
                                change byte 0x65387 from 03 to 01
                                (Confirmed)

Mss65 160E
                                change address 0x60FBC from 40 82 to 48 00 (confirmed)

MSS65 520E
                                change address 0x62DA8 from 40 82 to 48 00 (confirmed)

special thanks to Terra, for all the hard work he has put into this flasher and everything else!
                                Congratulations hobbit382 and thanks for sharing. You find it very quickly. Very impressive !
                                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Working...
                                X