Click image for larger version

Name:	416DAA83-B7C3-4AFC-98B2-17C7CF2DB34E.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	266293 New setup: Brand New BBS LM with gold faces and polished lips
    19x9 ET27
    19x10 ET27
    245/35 and 265/35R19

Fits perfectly, rides so much softer than my old OEM 225/255 setup, and looks so meaty . Gonna raise the rear up though as she's tucking those 265s and I rub going up driveways and stuff sometimes
    Attached Files
    2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post

Haha what’s even crazier are the other E46 M3s I’ve seen at Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla track days. They make my camber look minuscule in comparison. Especially those running E88s or other aggressive track wheels with 275 squared setups. I think they look pretty sick but in the end, everyone is entitled to their own opinion 😉🤟🏻
      What's crazier than that is people justifying their actions based on what others are doing. I think that's called herd mentality or something like that.

Originally posted by MTiz View Post
      nd New BBS LM with gold faces and polished lips
      19x9 ET27
      19x10 ET27
      245/35 and 265/35R19

Fits perfectly, rides so much softer than my old OEM 225/255 setup, and looks so meaty . Gonna raise the rear up though as she's tucking those 265s and I rub going up driveways and stuff sometimes
      Looks great, miss my set from 03. Surprised you have rubbing issues on +27, I had no issues with a 275 on a +25.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

19x9 ET27
        19x10 ET27
        245/35 and 265/35R19

That looks beautiful! I need to upgrade my LMs to 9” up front and 11” in the rear but I am afraid the only way to do that would be to get new barrels and maybe even lips.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

What's crazier than that is people justifying their actions based on what others are doing. I think that's called herd mentality or something like that.

Looks great, miss my set from 03. Surprised you have rubbing issues on +27, I had no issues with a 275 on a +25.
          Whoa there bud, that's not what I was trying to do. Was merely stating a friendly observation of the crazy camber I've seen the numerous track days I've attended. The only justification I needed for myself was the functional kind that it's been proven that this chassis performs better and is more enjoyable with camber on track, but what's equally important is that I personally like the look, not because everyone is doing it. If we woke up tomorrow and green cars were magically 2 seconds quicker around track and everyone started painting their cars green, I still wouldn't do that because I personally don't like green cars. 😝

Comment

Anyways, back to staying on topic. My friend's sick E46 M3 touring conversion with velocity stacks. Motortrend wrote an article about it here: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...etails-photos/

Crazy how many touring conversions there are here locally! Probably a good % chunk of them actually.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7968.jpg Views:	0 Size:	214.3 KB ID:	266328
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7987_jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.7 KB ID:	266329
            Last edited by shibui; 05-31-2024, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Actually I was looking at my faces today and they're actually +25 in the rear. What sidewall are you running?

Comment

Whoa there bud, that's not what I was trying to do. Was merely stating a friendly observation of the crazy camber I've seen the numerous track days I've attended. The only justification I needed for myself was the functional kind that it's been proven that this chassis performs better and is more enjoyable with camber on track, but what's equally important is that I personally like the look, not because everyone is doing it. If we woke up tomorrow and green cars were magically 2 seconds quicker around track and everyone started painting their cars green, I still wouldn't do that because I personally don't like green cars. 😝 ​
                TBH the track wheel/tire look is very subjective, personally I think the 10" ET25 square looks better if you add a 10mm spacer on the rear. That's not needed, and probably ill-advised if you don't have trimmed fenders. But it does even out the front to rear poke if the look is the issue. I don't like the reverse rake kind of vibe you get with the front poking out so much further than the rear. But I'm also for sure not going to be running a spacer on track just for looks.
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

19x9 ET27
                  19x10 ET27
                  245/35 and 265/35R19

Dude that's so perfect, I want that.
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

TBH the track wheel/tire look is very subjective, personally I think the 10" ET25 square looks better if you add a 10mm spacer on the rear. That's not needed, and probably ill-advised if you don't have trimmed fenders. But it does even out the front to rear poke if the look is the issue. I don't like the reverse rake kind of vibe you get with the front poking out so much further than the rear. But I'm also for sure not going to be running a spacer on track just for looks.
                    Yeah 100%, that's totally fair. I definitely know the track wheel/tire look isn't everyone's cup of tea and I'm not here to push it on anyone. Everyone is entitled to their own style and opinion. Sometimes I do toss on my old ZCPs because I like that look of them too, just not how heavy the 19" wheels feel and handle haha. Talking set-up though, I do have a spacer in the rear from my previous 18x9.5 ET35 setup, but I can't remember if it's a 5mm or 10mm since I put it on so long ago lol...

Comment

Name:	IMG_3228.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	266378 hi

Comment

Actually I was looking at my faces today and they're actually +25 in the rear. What sidewall are you running?
                        I thought you probably meant to say +25. Back then I ran three different tires and all were 275/30/19.

2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I thought you probably meant to say +25. Back then I ran three different tires and all were 275/30/19.
                          Yeah it's my 35 sidewall that's causing me to rub with my coilovers being set so low. I didn't want a 30 cuz I wanted to look meaty. If I raise like half an inch it will be perfect.

Comment

Yeah 100%, that's totally fair. I definitely know the track wheel/tire look isn't everyone's cup of tea and I'm not here to push it on anyone. Everyone is entitled to their own style and opinion. Sometimes I do toss on my old ZCPs because I like that look of them too, just not how heavy the 19" wheels feel and handle haha. Talking set-up though, I do have a spacer in the rear from my previous 18x9.5 ET35 setup, but I can't remember if it's a 5mm or 10mm since I put it on so long ago lol...
                            If you look at it you can probably see where it says 5 or 10 😝
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Name:	1stBrightStartwins (11).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	266475 ..
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Name:	B59DCE97-ABC9-47A9-AFAE-33E06F486DEA.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	266513 Out in the sun!

Comment

Working...
                                X