Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exhaust section 1-2 would pair well with my setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exhaust section 1-2 would pair well with my setup?

I am interested in adding some new mods to my exhaust system. I have been adding a new mod every year or 2. Here is my current setup.

Headers = European Headers
    Section 1 = Stock
    Section 2 = Stock
    Section 3 = Supersprint Race

What section 1-2 would pair well with what I’m currently running? Thanks

You didn’t mention what you dislike/like from your current setup, so just throw the money towards an HTE or Paul Claude tune.

way better use of funds in my opinion
    ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
    ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

Euro cats or leave it alone would be my suggestion until you want different headers, but you'll lose some power. How loud is that straight piped setup with the SS race?
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

I’d get a quality resonated section one and leave section two stock or get the oversized SS section 2.

SS and rogue engineering have good Resonated section ones
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

It’s loud. Has drone. It attracts a lot of attention, even when driving civil. I dislike how much it smells. Seems like the best option for me would be to get a European section 1 and a good tune.

Comment

SS Race = Honda Civic

Get rid of that muffler it's awful lol

If not,

Resonated Sec 1 and Resonated Sec 2
            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
            2005 BMW ///M3
            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
              SS Race = Honda Civic

Get rid of that muffler it's awful lol

If not,

Resonated Sec 1 and Resonated Sec 2
              It is raspy. Much worse with stock headers tho. The mixed opinions are interesting, many people think it’s the best exhaust for this car, other than dixis

Comment

Best sounding for me is an El Diablo.

Loved mine.

Sadly it made less power and was more of a choke. If your car is relatively stock it's a good option.

SS Race's just fit nicely and look good. Sound is relative but they always sound like Civics to me at least.
                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 BMW ///M3
                Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                  Euro cats or leave it alone would be my suggestion until you want different headers, but you'll lose some power. How loud is that straight piped setup with the SS race?
                  This, and just leave the Euro headers...best bang for the buck header. The Euro Section I will def calm it down some.

Comment

Euro Sec 1 and a different muffler

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonbruck View Post
                      It’s loud. Has drone. It attracts a lot of attention, even when driving civil. I dislike how much it smells. Seems like the best option for me would be to get a European section 1 and a good tune.
                      Smell is due to you being catless so it won't go away until you put the Cat back on wether it's catted sec 1 or oem Us headers, SS race to me is very ricey but it's a euro pitch sound type of nostalgia thing which some love and some don't, should look into SCZA best all around section 3 and no drone. Back to what you're asking for, I recommend CPI/Bimmerworld rasp terminator section 1 as it'll help with drone and some rasp. Section 2 is a bit tricky since I don't see a lot of "good" information on whether it helps rasp and power but in general get Resonantor section 2 to at least control drone and rasp.

Comment

You can leave stock section 2, but I suggest to change section 1 to euro cats or add one more resonator to oem section 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                          Best sounding for me is an El Diablo.

Loved mine.

Sadly it made less power and was more of a choke. If your car is relatively stock it's a good option.

SS Race's just fit nicely and look good. Sound is relative but they always sound like Civics to me at least.
                          They now make it 2.5"
                          2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
                          Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
                          Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
                          Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
                          Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
                          Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

I thought it went from 55mm (stock) in Rev 1 to 60mm for Rev 2, not 63.5mm. Didn't see any diameters mentioned on their site. Do you have a link Phil?
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonbruck View Post
                              Same take aways I got after going cat-less with a section 3 that's louder than stock. Supersprint doesn't make a resonated section 1 that mates up to the stock euro header section, but they do make a single pipe and a twin pipe resonated section 2. There's the most common recommendation of adding a Ar20/25 next to the stock section 1 resonator, or like you said adding euro cats. Are those euro cats expensive nowadays? I was going to keep an eye out on sales for the section 2 resonated x pipe.
                              Garage:
                              2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                              1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Working...
                              X