No announcement yet.

which head gasket should i use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock gasket fits exactly 87.5mm. I spoke with my shop and he said it shouldn't be a problem to use the stock gasket. So that's what I'm going to do now. Will update you when the engine is back in the car again.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a mit Tapatalk

2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Zekarus View Post
      no it's 0.64mm and thats around .025" it's part number four

http://de.bmwfans.info/parts-catalog...ttached_parts/
      Depending at which point of the HG you measure will, you will get slightly different measurements. Ppl use .030” as the commonly accepted thickness, and a difference of .005” is pretty much inconsequential.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9C884A49-B06A-4CBA-BD82-AF17ABA0922C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	104288
      Last edited by stash1; 05-11-2021, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Tried to upload a 2nd pic above, but my phone wouldn’t let me attach it properly...here’s a another measurement from a different place of the HG.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	D3C1FAAA-FAAF-4005-9560-8A9FDA5407DF.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	104290

Comment

Originally posted by Zekarus View Post
          Stock gasket fits exactly 87.5mm. I spoke with my shop and he said it shouldn't be a problem to use the stock gasket. So that's what I'm going to do now. Will update you when the engine is back in the car again.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a mit Tapatalk
          Good to know. I may go OEM as well then. Subscribed for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
            Tried to upload a 2nd pic above, but my phone wouldn’t let me attach it properly...here’s a another measurement from a different place of the HG.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	D3C1FAAA-FAAF-4005-9560-8A9FDA5407DF.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	104290
            Awesome, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post

Depending at which point of the HG you measure will, you will get slightly different measurements. Ppl use .030” as the commonly accepted thickness, and a difference of .005” is pretty much inconsequential.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9C884A49-B06A-4CBA-BD82-AF17ABA0922C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	104288
              Yeah I saw that it depends on where you measure but we need a reference or a base number from where we can go thicker and the stock gasket is 0.64mm (wherever this is measured) and from there on cometic is selling thicker gaskets.

Cometic Gasket supplies hi-performance gaskets for a variety of motorsports markets: ATV, Drag Race, Domestic Automotive, Harley-Davidson®, MX/Dirt, Off-Road, PWC, Road Race, Snowmobile, Sport Compact and Street.

And 0.005 may be negliable but there is no reason to go thicker if not needed as we all agree by now?
              2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

Working...
              X