No announcement yet.

MCS dampers and end links - what size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm piecing it together myself. Found 400lb tckline 60mm springs for a song on ebay and already have 550lb rears, though I want to try 600lb again. Vorslag plates, AKG 12mm spherical RSMs. GC cones, but no adjuster for rear 6.5" 550lb, put it right down on rubber pad. The 6" 600lb rear spring might need an adjuster, which I already have from GC.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

was actually referring to your rebound/damper settings but it's good to know how you're completing the kit. i got my MCS used so it's coming with a 700/600 setup and GC plates up front and JTD RSM's. mine are 2-way w/remotes so i'm trusting the shop to do their thing. shop owner races so he's just handing us his knowledge, although i feel like my street ride is gonna get pretty rough.
      '06 Carbon Black
      Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Oh, ya I'll just set all 4 dampers to full soft since my rates are pretty low. I'll then adjust to find that sweet spot between too much bounce and packing up. That's a big part of the fun factor for me, with these cars.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post
          was actually referring to your rebound/damper settings but it's good to know how you're completing the kit. i got my MCS used so it's coming with a 700/600 setup and GC plates up front and JTD RSM's. mine are 2-way w/remotes so i'm trusting the shop to do their thing. shop owner races so he's just handing us his knowledge, although i feel like my street ride is gonna get pretty rough.
          I don’t have any experience with MCS but I have JRZs with similar rates to yours 650 F/ 750 R and street GC plates. As long as the compression & rebound on the front is turned down...to 2 from full soft or lower they’re actually not that bad on the street. MCS using equally good quality dampers I think you would be okay on the street...at the track you will LOVE them!

Comment

Working...
          X