Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size spacers should I run on OEM Style 67's (19")?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size spacers should I run on OEM Style 67's (19")?

Gonna order some spacers w/ Lugs soon and I was wondering what size I should get. Some specs, I'm running style 67 19's with OEM tire sizes - 225 front and 255 in the rear. I'm also lowered on KW V2's but I'm not sure how low. However, I can get two fingers in the front wheel well and one and a half in the rear. Someone recently mentioned I should get 10mm in the rear and 5mm in the front but I thought it'd be the opposite personally. I've attached some pictures for reference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3421.jpeg
Views:	4707
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	103345

Name:	IMG_3339.jpeg
Views:	3015
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	103346
    Attached Files
    2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

The answer on m3f was 15/12. 12/10 works and is a little more conservative/lighter, but you might need to bevel rear hub lips slightly for 10mm to fit.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      The answer on m3f was 15/12. 12/10 works and is a little more conservative/lighter, but you might need to bevel rear hub lips slightly for 10mm to fit.
      15 in the front and 12 in the rear right? Just ordered 15 & 12 w/ lugs from Apex 😁

Comment

Yes. I would get studs! 90mm for front, 75mm for rear. I actually run a 15mm on the 75mm apex studs despite them saying to use 90mm, but that's the absolute max.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Yes. I would get studs! 90mm for front, 75mm for rear. I actually run a 15mm on the 75mm apex studs despite them saying to use 90mm, but that's the absolute max.
          Thanks, well stud conversion is definitely coming later this year! Just got lugs for now for simplicity's sake.

Comment

I'd sell the fronts and go square if I was going to run 67's.

Comment

Originally posted by ELEM3NT View Post
              I'd sell the fronts and go square if I was going to run 67's.
              have any good pics of square 67's? I have them as my daily wheels and think the concave of the rears would look killer at all 4 corners.

I run 15 front and 12 rear with good results.

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post

have any good pics of square 67's? I have them as my daily wheels and think the concave of the rears would look killer at all 4 corners.

I run 15 front and 12 rear with good results.
                Quick search result. I think the concave would look great all around as well. Might be able to get away with a 10mm in the rear, might. Camber would need to be dialed for front spacers. Otherwise you'll have stupid poke.

Click image for larger version  Name:	67 square.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.0 KB ID:	103445
                Last edited by ELEM3NT; 05-06-2021, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post

Originally posted by ELEM3NT View Post

Quick search result. I think the concave would look great all around as well. Might be able to get away with a 10mm in the rear, might. Camber would need to be dialed for front spacers. Otherwise you'll have stupid poke.

Square OEM 19's taken from a thread on E46Fanatics I bookmarked years ago when I dreamed about owning an M3. Thankfully I still had it in my bookmarks and man it looks SICK,

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...thread.912420/

Comment

Here is 15/12, stock height:

2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I ran square back in 2012. Looked weird. Fronts poked out too much vs rears even with spacers. Looked like some rally car with matching concavity on front & rear. Keep it classy with these stockers

Comment

More squared pics here: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...t=1698349&i=40

Definitely poking quite a bit and looks like some camber as well. According to the guy he's running 235/35 and 255/35 with no spacers in the front and 15mm in the rear

It looks less "racecar" and more "bling" if you're into that. I'm torn on whether I like it or not. Would have to see it in real life.

Comment

Name:	8A448572-836E-4170-B999-692E0949CA8D.jpeg
Views:	2265
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	103639 Been there done that. Notice the angles. From a straight side shot the front wheels would look smaller than the rears with the much thinner sidewalls. Mine was fully squared so didn’t look as bad.
                          Last edited by Toby22; 05-07-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	8A448572-836E-4170-B999-692E0949CA8D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	151.0 KB ID:	103639 Been there done that. Notice the angles. From a straight side shot the front wheels would look smaller than the rears with the much thinner sidewalls. Mine was fully squared so didn’t look as bad.
                            Were you running spacers here?

I've been following along here because being a bit of a wheel noob, my initial thought was "why would you ever run spacers on forged stock wheels?!" I've always thought the forged polished 19" Style 67s were the only way to go on this car. I'm taking it the answer is "stance" in some sense of the word, perhaps to have the wheel and tire drop straight down from the flared hips. OK, I can roll with that. Hence the idea of squared, which I like for the handling improvement (if any) + tire rotation (makes life easier).

So I'm wondering what a "pure" square fitment, with 255 or 265 all around (no spacers) looks and feels like. I'm not into spacers as a matter of policy -- to me it seems like wearing 3 pairs of socks because your shoes don't fit. I'll take "fitment" over "stance" every day of the week and twice on Sunday

So I guess I'm wondering does "square no spacers" really work? Thoughts? I'm due for new tires and need to re-finish my polished wheels anyway, so I may as well get it all right in one step. Thanks, Gents.

maw
                            Last edited by maw1124; 05-07-2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

3 socks do make for warm feet though 😀
                              2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X