No announcement yet.

FYI: It looks like a significant portion of s54 Cat Cams are failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^So in all, how many track days, dyno sessions, miles did they last?

maw

Comment

My group buy cams still seem fine, although I've not done neither many nor hard miles on them (about 4k-ish), but did fit new followers and their oil bridge. I suspect the oil bridge + new followers really helps with the wear.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
        Anything run by Leighton was terrible.

Those were the dark days.
        Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post

lol This! "Im doing this for no benefit to myself. Only for the community" pshhht

Ha, how history repeats!

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
          ^^^So in all, how many track days, dyno sessions, miles did they last?

maw
          Prob 12 track days, they were in for 2 years exactly when they failed. Mileage - just guessing 1000.

Comment

I would get shrick only.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
              I would get shrick only.
              I just had someone contact me about the same thing is happening to them but they have Shrick cams 272/280 installed so apparently it's not just catcams anymore, companies across the board are trying to cut production cost and that translates to lower quality products post COVID. I have 20k on my CatCams already after the warranty and failure and most of them are hard track miles fyi I do about 20-25 track days a season so definitely been put to the test, so far everything looking good 👍 normal wear I I strap them every season though just to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

I just had someone contact me about the same thing is happening to them but they have Shrick cams 272/280 installed so apparently it's not just catcams anymore, companies across the board are trying to cut production cost and that translates to lower quality products post COVID. I have 20k on my CatCams already after the warranty and failure and most of them are hard track miles fyi I do about 20-25 track days a season so definitely been put to the test, so far everything looking good 👍 normal wear I I strap them every season though just to be sure.

Did you install them with new followers? For me getting new followers kills the deal as they are just too damn expensive

Comment

Did you install them with new followers? For me getting new followers kills the deal as they are just too damn expensive
                  I did however I installed them with oe new followers not the catcam ones, only because I was pressed for time. I sold catcam followers later on when I finally received them otherwise I would used them if I could have waited.

Comment

I did however I installed them with oe new followers not the catcam ones, only because I was pressed for time. I sold catcam followers later on when I finally received them otherwise I would used them if I could have waited.

Copy. I'll stick to shricks if a deal comes along in the future and I'll be using my current followers with 80k kms on them.

Comment

Copy. I'll stick to shricks if a deal comes along in the future and I'll be using my current followers with 80k kms on them.
                      Careful - according to CrisSilberGrau Schricks have changed and don't play nice with stock followers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Careful - according to CrisSilberGrau Schricks have changed and don't play nice with stock followers.
                        Oh really?? why they had to F around with something that worked lol. Majority of people I have seen have ran cams with their current followers. I guess shrick just want to make more money .

Comment

Could be. Seems like the manufacturing changed based on a change in appearnace I believe, as well as Cri's experience of flat spotting some followers even tho it was the milder 280/272s iirc and the original followers weren't THAT worn.

Comment

That was me sir that contacted you for help and andvice. Im trying to tap, pause, every source I can for info on the Cat cams.

0-60motorsports I wouldnt purchase any cam without accompanying followers, they will not warranty you without the proven purchase of followers and even after that should they fail they can still fuck you somehow i feel. Hate this new shit. Get followers.
                            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

Hate this new shit. Get followers.
                              Don't do cams

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

That was me sir that contacted you for help and andvice. Im trying to tap, pause, every source I can for info on the Cat cams.

0-60motorsports I wouldnt purchase any cam without accompanying followers, they will not warranty you without the proven purchase of followers and even after that should they fail they can still fuck you somehow i feel. Hate this new shit. Get followers.
                                Oh wow Yes indeed didn't even notice your on here. 🤦

Comment

Working...
                                X