Planned mods and direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planned mods and direction

I know people mention throughout various threads what they're planning to do to their cars but I think it would be nice to have a localized thread for that.

What mods are you planning? Has your direction changed where you want to make it make it more or less track focused? Obviously we're all keeping these cars forever.

The internet is a dangerous place, now I'm looking at carbon fenders 馃槀
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Still pretty new to the community having owned my '04 M3 for less than 12months. Originally liked the idea of keeping pretty close to stock, although the lust has already become too strong for aftermarket parts. My car will mainly be a street car, and my philosophy is to buy-once cry-once with a high bar for aftermarket parts. Have been slowly sourcing parts and have done very little thus far outside of some various OEM replacement parts & maintenance.

Installed:
    -Alcantara Steering Wheel, shifter and e-brake boot (Coby Wheel)
    -F10 M5 lighted shift knob
    -OEM CSL Boot Lid

Purchased:
    -SS Sport Muffler
    -Karbonius CSL Intake & OEM Flap
    -CarboProject CSL style rear diffuser
    -BlueBus
    -Staggered Arc-8R (brushed clear)
    -AutoSolutions AutoX SSK

Planned:
    --SS V1 Stepped Headers & Section 1 (catted)
    --SS sec 2 w/ resonator
    --BBK w/ new rotors & calipers (specifics TBD)
    --repair very broken sunroof
    Last edited by keljos; 05-10-2021, 10:25 AM.
    2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
    [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

^excellent start my friend, luckily I never had a sunroof to worry about!

Always recommend to drive the car stock for a little while but it just so happens that stock sux after awhile. Welcome to the club homie.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I'm running out of things I want to do

... well, I say that, but then something new like the Slonik plate comes along that I have to have.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I think the top 5 mods loved /didnt love thread [great thread btw] would be a great place to go looking. Mods planned by someone would be of a lot less interest to me; tell me what you actually did, did it work as expected, and would you do it again?
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

More weight loss. More hardcore.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 DCT Slicktop Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 Coupe 6spd Slicktop zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I get the strong urge to mod and then look at the prices of stuff and then the urge goes away lol. It's also very easy to get overwhelmed looking at all the aftermarket parts available for our cars and some of the crazy builds on here. Thankfully my car came with some high-quality mods already installed so I'm saving some money there.

Installed already
              - Bluetooth connection
              - KW V2's
              - SS Section 3 w/rasp pipe
              - SSK

Bought
              - Rennline phone mount
              - Apex 12mm/15mm Spacers

Future
              - Work Meister S1 or TE37's (way down the line, $$$)
              - Imola Red Interior Swap ($$$$)
              - CSL Airbox (Karbonius? Turner? $$$)
              - Headers + tune (I like RkTunes)
              - Subframe reinforcement (soon I promise)
              - I kind of want a Navi unit but the stock radio is fine too
              - Eventually full respray

Besides the subframe which I want done this winter or next summer, I'm not in a rush to do any of this stuff as it's thousands and thousands of dollars each. I'll start stockpiling parts for that soon as well as start looking for an Imola interior come the fall.
              2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

currently at a crossroads where i want to do more auto-x and track days, but the mods that got me here (aggressive suspension, sticky tires) make the car really annoying to drive on the street

the m3 ethos has always been jack of all trades, but at this point I'm just bothered by how it's a master of none

Comment

I have a CarboProject CSL diffuser arriving soon and after that all of my modifications are complete. Suspension, drivetrain, ICE, exterior (wheels etc), and interior are all brand new or very very close to new.

I'm not interested in modifying engine or transmission internals nor am I interested in a CSL intake as I'm FI (but mildly so, low boost). My focus is making the car as close to perfect as possible. In that vein I'm having the car re-sprayed this year now that I installed my new (yes actual new nappa leather) Imola interior.

Edit: With that said I'm always on the lookout for a second e46 m3 and then I will start all over again, so there's that. lol
                  Last edited by oceansize; 05-10-2021, 12:45 PM.
                  3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I wanted a CSL the car first came out so I've been building a CSL-inspired car. Next up is CSL roof (karbonius) and SS full exhaust w/ stepped headers and oversized sec 2. After that, It'll be a full custom interior with recaro PP ABE and maybe a half cage.

Recently, I've been throwing around the idea of a GT3 because I'm approaching my financial goals much quicker than expected + EV adoption seems inevitable. I'd give up the E46 but it would be a shame since I've put a lot of hours into the project.
                    2002 Jet Black 路 6MT 路 Cinnamon 路 CSL Tribute

Engine 路 Karbonius CSL Airbox 路 CSL DME 路 Kassel MAP 路 Paul Claude Tuned
                    Exhaust 路 SS Stepped V1 路 SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 路 SS Sport Sec 3
                    Suspension 路 JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers 路 GC Weight Jackers 路 SDW RTAB 路 Corner balanced
                    Wheels/Brakes 路 BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" 路 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 路 996 Brembo BBK
                    Exterior 路 Mile End CSL bumper 路 OE CSL trunk 路 Mile End CSL diffuser 路 OE LED taillights
                    Interior 路 Avin Avant 4 路 Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

It鈥檚 been a struggle with what I want my car to be because I don鈥檛 know what it should be. At first it was all stance with wide wheels and at some point I gave up the stance life and wanted a drag car?? I raised the car and put NT01s in the rear and was about to buy 4:10 gear but it just didn鈥檛 make any sense so I gave up and I think I want to just have a comfortable street car with a few mods like Eventuri intake, brake kit, x pipe sect. 2. Not really concerned with any cosmetics except for CSL trunk.

I also might just have it sit for a while if I get a second car which would be my new daily driver, an Acura RSX Type-S. Would like a bit of a break from daily driving the M3.
                      Last edited by erickhoyos; 05-10-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I'm very happy with all my mods, now I just need to keep up with maintenance as time and miles fly by.
                        E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4鈥檚, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                          I'm running out of things I want to do

... well, I say that, but then something new like the Slonik plate comes along that I have to have.
                          I feel like I'm getting there fast even though I just started back up so I've been wandering the corners of the web looking for new shit.

Think I'm going to have him throw the carbon wall in my order so at least I'll have it if I end up installing it.

Comment

I certainly didn鈥檛 get there fast. 17 years of tweaking and I鈥檓 just starting to feel like I have everything really dialed in.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i
                            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

18 years here but only half of that time obsessing, the other half I just tired of the m3 and thought about selling it several times

I've decided to just do all the things I always wanted to do and then just enjoy it in peak form.

Comment

Working...
                              X