Arc 8 or zco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arc 8 or zco

I have a zcp that didn't come with the wheels 😭.

But I also like the arc 8. What's your guys preference

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I got the ARC-8 last year, and have been very pleased with them. Light, and the “Hyper Black” (really kind of a Gunmetal gray) looks great on my Silbergrau car.

Comment

They are both amazing but nothing like oem zcp wheels

Comment

I went with ARC-8s. Light weight and honestly cheap enough to replace if damaged. I personally like the looks but that is subjective

Comment

Depends if you want the factory/BBS quality and finish or performance.

For running square alone I'd go aftermarket. Regardless of that, the weight difference is about forty pounds, which is substantial as unsprung, rotating mass. My car felt noticeably faster switching wheels, and this was coming from 18s.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
            Depends if you want the factory/BBS quality and finish or performance.

For running square alone I'd go aftermarket. Regardless of that, the weight difference is about forty pounds, which is substantial as unsprung, rotating mass. My car felt noticeably faster switching wheels, and this was coming from 18s.
            Switch to arc 8? I currently have advan rs-d and they are 25# front and 28# rear with tires
            Kinda want the zcp just to have em
            Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I went ARC-8 but only because I wanted 18's and I like the aggressive offset. It would be hard for me NOT to run ZCP wheels if I actually had a ZCP car.

Comment

Hyper-black are an excellent choice. Cant go wrong with APEX. Awesome quality

Comment

Originally posted by 03m3vrt View Post
                  Hyper-black are an excellent choice. Cant go wrong with APEX. Awesome quality
                  And great customer service.
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Can't go wrong with ARC-8! Obscenely light and great finish quality. I think they even look better than the ZCP (even though ZCP are a classic look)

Comment

I think it would be crazy to go from a forged ADVAN wheel to a fake BBS cast wheel (arc 8) The ZCP wheels are so much nicer in person and are made by BBS. There's some people who have brand new sets they'd probably part with from a botched CSL wheel group buy.
                      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I bought a set of ARC-8's in hyper black and was impressed by the quality and lightness. The looks are decent, but prefer my BBS RGR's over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                          I think it would be crazy to go from a forged ADVAN wheel to a fake BBS cast wheel (arc 8) The ZCP wheels are so much nicer in person and are made by BBS. There's some people who have brand new sets they'd probably part with from a botched CSL wheel group buy.
                          Bbs zcp/csl and alex arc8 are both same flow formed tech, not cast. Though one is made in China, the other in Germany.
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

(most) BBS are made in Japan but yea.
                            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Forged in japan, Flow formed/cast in Germany afaik
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                              X