Supersprint and drone and rasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty737 View Post
    I had a ton of drone with my V1s, catted section 1, oem sec 2, and race muffler. I also have drone with the same setup but with a Dinan muffler, which isn't supposed to drone 🙃.
    I have SSv1s, the ss straight pipe with resonators welded in, stock section 2, and a Dinan muffler with next to no drone at all.
    2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
    Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

I’ve got old Eurosport headers, SS Sec 1 race cats, SS non res sec2, AC Schnitzel/Remus sec 3 and it has no noticeable drone, with a deep Remus tone to it while cruising, yet exhibits some raspiness at WOT that I personally enjoy.

Drone is very very very subjective, it really depends how sensitive your hearing is, if you have any past auditory/neural or TMI, which I have, so I believe I’m very sensitive to the presence of drone as it sets the tinnitus into overdrive if exposed to it for almost any length of time.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post
        No drone with Stradale?
        I have the full Supersprint oversized setup with the HJS cats and resonated twin pipes and at low engine speeds and load, there is a very subtle drone - - I think it comes from the stepped headers? I mean its not bad and overbearing, but if you have sensitive hearing you can just barely hear it

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post

I have SSv1s, the ss straight pipe with resonators welded in, stock section 2, and a Dinan muffler with next to no drone at all.
          It is far less than the supersprint obviously but still present at the lower rpms.

Comment

Originally posted by 2004LSB View Post

I have the full Supersprint oversized setup with the HJS cats and resonated twin pipes and at low engine speeds and load, there is a very subtle drone - - I think it comes from the stepped headers? I mean its not bad and overbearing, but if you have sensitive hearing you can just barely hear it
            The real question is the drone going to be louder than michelin ps2 cuz those tires are m/t loud

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Tones; 05-24-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tones View Post
              The real question is the drone going to be louder than michelin ps2 cuz those tires are m/t loud

If you're running PS2s, they're loud because they're aged out :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

If you're running PS2s, they're loud because they're aged out :P
                Yeah that's what I figured. But still got tread and grip for days so m/t buuuuuurrrrrr it is.

Comment

Originally posted by 2004LSB View Post

Have you ever run the Sport box? Or only Street? Do you still get some exhaust aggression with the Street muffler?
                  2005 M3 - SGM, 6MT, Impuls Cloth, Slicktop
                  2022 M3 - BRG, Tartufo, xDrive​

Comment

Originally posted by Malloy View Post

Have you ever run the Sport box? Or only Street? Do you still get some exhaust aggression with the Street muffler?
                    If you’re interested in the stepped/catted/resonated twin/street sound, swing by for a ride in mine to hear it in person.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

If you’re interested in the stepped/catted/resonated twin/street sound, swing by for a ride in mine to hear it in person.
                      Thanks Ian, I will take you up on this offer soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Malloy View Post

Street only; the exhaust note is very subtle, but slightly more aggressive than stock at idle inside a garage. I definitely think it is an improvement over the stock tinny / raspy sound.

Comment

Thanks guys. The 63.5 stuff is now on order so I'll start with my already installed Sport system and go from there.

Comment

Working...
                          X