Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove the Diff in 45 minutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxLVmyK_WnQ
    Start at 17:00 he removed the V brace, one end of the stabilize bar, maybe part of the plastic tray, disconnected the 3 drive shafts, then the diff 3 mounting bolts and took it out. Not touching exhaust sections. I see the left suspension coil on the floor, but don't know why need to.

Have anyone here done this way before?
    Last edited by sapote; 05-21-2021, 03:34 PM.

I've removed the diff in the past just by unbolting the rear sway bar bushings and swinging the bar out of the way. Heat shield has a hole to get to the input shaft bolts and the plastic trays can be worked around. I'm not sure I would recommend it, as it's a bit of a pain, but it's definitely possible.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Don’t have to remove the exhaust but it’s a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did my diff bushings by dropping the diff this way. Personally found it much easier than dropping the exhaust.

I did fully drop the sway bar and snaked it out through the driver's side wheel well. This was a bit tedious.

edit: just watched the video and it looks like he partially snakes it out through the driver's wheel well which is probably a lot less painful than fully removing it. If I did it this way again I'd take pics of the various orientations it takes to get it in that position / get it back installed.
        Last edited by Nuclear Rabbit; 05-21-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X