No announcement yet.

Cheapest way to an OE steering wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I recco Tainik for his stitching and color match to OE, the leather grain is indeed different. It's much smoother than OE so I'm wiping down the wheel way more often. I have a very low mile OE wheel in my M5 and it's perfect haha.

Just gotta find a used one or go with a different material I guess. No one can seem to get the grain correct.
    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I love the look of the ZCP wheel but would miss the ability to change tracks/volume on the wheel and cruise as well, my car is almost exclusively used just riding around in and around town so those things are kind of nice to have on the wheel.
      Same here, I find the track mode pointless as I never drive with dsc on anyway.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

every now and the thebmwminipartstore.com gives out a 10% coupon code that you can apply to OE parts. maximum discount is $100 but they already have the lowest prices around and another 10% is really sweet. get it from them
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I bought a used one from mpartsworldwide on eBay for $100 and had it directly shipped to Coby for a rewrap. Came out awesome.
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
          Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

Anyone know what is the part number for an SMG with the grey lower part? The number I get on real OEM for my 2004, 32342282222, shows up as all black on Tischer’s website.

I have been thinking of getting a new one as mine has been beat up by the Florida sun.

Comment

That number is correct.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
              X