How to reset the steering angle sensor using the Schwaben scan tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reset the steering angle sensor using the Schwaben scan tool

I had to do this procedure after lowering the car and having the traction control kick in while turning. I first got a four wheel alignment and once that was done I went ahead and reset the steering angle sensor as follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-d9fLH9d-L.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	108397

Name:	i-CKBbrBJ-L.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	108398

Name:	i-7wvwjDm-L.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	108399

Name:	i-xStJwwV-L.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	108400

Name:	i-fxpzrgw-L.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	108401

Name:	i-KNtgZ4s-L.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	108402

Name:	i-4NmBD42-L.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	108403

Name:	i-kdcnbVs-L.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	108404

Name:	i-CJszT9x-L.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	108405
    From that point, you select Yes and it will ask you to center the steering wheel. At this point I started the car in order to have the steering wheel properly centered and hit go. It will then tell you to turn off the car and turn it on again and check for faults.

When I had checked for faults earlier, none showed, but the traction control was acting up. I did not check for faults again but I went for a spirited drive and the traction control did not act up anymore.

Hopes this helps.

Nice post.

​​​​​
    Can this be done using INPA?
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
      Nice post.

​​​​​
      Can this be done using INPA?
      Looks like it.

Chassis->MK60->Compensation Routines->then F1

The steering angle sensor (SAS) is a vital part of the ESC system that measures the steering wheel position angle and rate of turn. When wheel alignment gets done or the actual physical direction the steering is set at, and… Continue Reading →
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Ya I think this tool performs functions that you'd do with INPA or DIS. I did the ABS activation recently, I think I still have pics I can add.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I have INPA but did not try it as it has a steep learning curve and I could never figure it out. I am sure anything this can do, INPA can as well.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Looks like it.

Chassis->MK60->Compensation Routines->then F1

http://blog.obdii365.com/2015/02/03/...gnostic-cable/
            Awesome, just aligned my car with strings, will need to do this. I've never had an issue with DSC coming on but feel like my luck might be running out doing alignments myself and not having an issue. Will try it!

Hey all. Just got the following setup in Michelin PS4S: Front: 255/40 R18 99Y XL Rear: 285/35 R18 101Y XL I'm looking for suggestions on baseline pressures people are running. I'm aligning and setting up the car this weekend after doing some suspension tweaks, new tires, etc. and looking for a starting point. Once done,
            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Good post.
              i was hoping to revisit the function when I could find a stretch of time to browse the reader.
              I had stumbled on the steering angle, abs purge and other useful tech when looking to solve a no crank no start issue during the Easter period.

Comment

Working...
              X