Bluetooth AFR gauge - anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth AFR gauge - anyone?

I may want to install a wideband AFR gauge so Hassan can fine tune my vehicle a bit better for drivability and a recent article in Grassroots Motorsports caught my attention. They used a wideband that communicates to an app on your phone rather than stringing wires and mounting a physical gauge.

Since I will not want anything permanent I figured this might be a nice and easy solution and just wonder if any of you had experience with this particular product. And yes I know it's more expensive than a UEGO and maybe I am that lazy.

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

I have been looking into doing some arduino based afr gauges for a custom setup and stumbled across a company that does an arduino based bluetooth one. I want to say off the top of my head it’s about $100 or so cheaper. Or if you went the full route of making your own with your own lcd display you could do it for like $80-$100 for the whole display.

Here’s the first link I could pull with their product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Darbshaw View Post
      I have been looking into doing some arduino based afr gauges for a custom setup and stumbled across a company that does an arduino based bluetooth one. I want to say off the top of my head it’s about $100 or so cheaper. Or if you went the full route of making your own with your own lcd display you could do it for like $80-$100 for the whole display.

Here’s the first link I could pull with their product!

Nice, thanks for that link.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
        I may want to install a wideband AFR gauge so Hassan can fine tune my vehicle a bit better for drivability and a recent article in Grassroots Motorsports caught my attention. They used a wideband that communicates to an app on your phone rather than stringing wires and mounting a physical gauge.

Since I will not want anything permanent I figured this might be a nice and easy solution and just wonder if any of you had experience with this particular product. And yes I know it's more expensive than a UEGO and maybe I am that lazy.

https://pe-ltd.com/product/wideband/
        I'm concerned about how well this actually works and the accuracy of this. I may just have to test it out.

I'm mad awron discon'td their vent gauge for e46
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

That arduino shield looks pretty cool. And they provide schematics and code for free! Gotta love open source stuff.

If you're handy with electronics, you could save a bit by making it yourself (or spend twice as much as you would have by just buying it in the first place because we all know things never work the first time around lol)
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Since there was a little bit of response to the arduino shield. I was looking at this one as well. Although I don’t think that this is setup to use analog boost which could take some learning in coding. I was contemplating using this kind of setup to make a custom afr gauge mounted in that blank plate next to the cigarette lighter.
            With some custom mounting and the right colored led screen you could make a very oem looking and hide able AFR + Boost (if you can get analog to work)

Comment

Working...
            X