Jason Cammisa on the e30, e46 and whatever the new M3 is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e46 = peak M3? Yep.

I'm considering a G80 for my next daily as "AWD M3" has always been a dream daily concept for me. The day has arrived but I'll probably wait for LCI. (or a glimmer of G81) I'll keep a pic of my e46 in the G80 to remind me of classic BMW beauty :-)
    2005 M3 - SGM, 6MT, Impuls Cloth, Slicktop
    2022 M3 - BRG, Tartufo, xDrive​

Comment

Ghastly.

I've only seen a few 4 coupes on the road here in socal and I almost feel bad for the driver willing to part with US currency in exchange for a car with such a heinous front end.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

To me its not even the looks. I really dont mind the grill on the G80 and im quite sure i'll be impressed by its power and so forth. But at the end of the day i simply dont care. I never find myself thinking about it. Indifference, its a killer

Comment

It's been like that for me since after the e46 production run ended. I hear people lamenting this all the time and they still cling to some inkling of hope bmw will revert back haha. I've long since stopped caring really and have always had sights set on porsche.

My buddy just got an m340i and I literally didn't even look at it up and down because I couldn't give any less shits right now. He loves it so I'm happy for him though.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I got an m340i loaner from the dealership during my airbag recall. The service guy told me he'd "take care of me" since Im an m3 owner. Honestly i was pretty stoked.
            Drive back home I immediately felt like i was driving a 7 series felt bloated and muted. Straight back home parked it and next day drove it straight back to get my m3. Maybe drove like 6 miles total, the advisor probably thinks im a dumbass

Comment

They think we're all dumbasses.

Comment

Originally posted by yhp2009 View Post
                I got an m340i loaner from the dealership during my airbag recall. The service guy told me he'd "take care of me" since Im an m3 owner. Honestly i was pretty stoked.
                Drive back home I immediately felt like i was driving a 7 series felt bloated and muted. Straight back home parked it and next day drove it straight back to get my m3. Maybe drove like 6 miles total, the advisor probably thinks im a dumbass
                lol. That was 100% my last loaner experience. Bring it home, leave it parked on the street, drive my own cars until my car is ready for pickup, drive it back.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I was actually looking forward to driving it after hearing some stellar reviews on the m340i. Oh boy the disappointment. I think it was also amplified cuz i had a back to back experience dropping off the m3 and driving the m34o back home

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                    It's been like that for me since after the e46 production run ended. I hear people lamenting this all the time and they still cling to some inkling of hope bmw will revert back haha. I've long since stopped caring really and have always had sights set on porsche.

My buddy just got an m340i and I literally didn't even look at it up and down because I couldn't give any less shits right now. He loves it so I'm happy for him though.
                    I think if I never drove my E46 or E90 M3, I’d be more inclined to jump into an F8X or G8X. The F8X is just so…boring in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve only driven an e46, e90 and f80 ///M cars.

f80 is a fast Buick. Numb, but stupid fast. Meh tech, steering is sharp but it feels like you’re driving a car with two broken thumbs when you climb out of the e46. E46 is not a good platform, it’s creaky, loud, weak in the obvious instances but it still feels like a bmw.
                      Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Solid video. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

good watch! Thanks!

Comment

Stopped caring after the e90. What's a M3 without a high-revving naturally aspirated engine? That, above size, feel, and handling, was the main source of character.

Comment

Seeing that E46 M3 on that video turning corners and just cruising along……dammmm so sexy!

Makes me want to buy another M3 in a darker paint code to go along with my Alpine White.

Comment

Working...
                              X