Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best tires? Best bang for your buck tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ use this as an excuse to have some fun with the car, maybe they comeback with some heat cycling.

Comment

I really like the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's (FL though so we don't know what 40s are)

Comment

I'd be interested in another tire with the same lifespan but diminished wet traction since I never drive this car in the rain. Otherwise I'll just default to the PS4.

Comment

Falken rt660

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post
            I wasn't, and don't drive on them below 40. Have they ever been exposed to temperatures below 20? Maybe. The car was always garaged, but for a few years it was in my detached, unheated garage. But they weren't mounted on the car and driven around on some random day it got above 40. Now they're in my attached garage that isn't heated, but shouldn't ever get below 20.

If they're toast, fine, I'll start watching for incentives between now and next season.
            Do you see any dry cracking between the tread blocks on the tires? Temp, moisture, oxygen, ozone will degrade tires. Usually, it's a good idea to put the wheels/tires in plastic bags off the bare ground and away from running electrical equipment for long term storage. 5+ years is probably getting close to the expiration date on those tires.

The Continental ECS is a great premium tire and is similar in performance and comfort to the previous PSS. With incentives and promotions, they can cost 25-50% less than the Michelins.

Comment

I have not noticed any cracking on the tires. During the time the car was idle for 18mos the tires were not on the concrete, but were not in sealed plastic inside either.

The Conti ECS is a good tire, I agree. I'm on my 2nd set on my daily e90 330. I was under the impression that you do get better life and grip from the michelin PS4 however.

Comment

Giving a set of General G-Max RS tires a try on my M3. Been pretty happy with them so far. Quiet, comfortable, and good grip for a daily driver. They seem like they come with quite a bit of tread depth when new.

I've taken them to one track day so far and they did well. I was taking it easy but the tires held up to the abuse. They actually gripped better than I thought they would (but most likely I just wasn't pushing hard enough haha).
                "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Firestone Indy 500. Nothing else comes close to the price imo

Comment

Best overall street tire is ps4

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                      Best overall street tire is ps4
                      Point of this thread is basically people not wanting to spend michelin money hence buzzwords/phrases like bang for the buck, value, etc.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Still no clue how any of you drive on Evo’s and think they’re a decent tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
                          Still no clue how any of you drive on Evo’s and think they’re a decent tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I put V12's on about 17 years ago to replace my original PS1's and couldn't get them off fast enough. They kept trying to wreck my car. Been nothing but graduating PS's since.

Comment

I have some Yokohama advan apex v601 that are pretty good with grip, nice tread pattern as well. Size 265/35/18 for about 173 each

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Point of this thread is basically people not wanting to spend Michelin money hence buzzwords/phrases like bang for the buck, value, etc.
                              Actually the thread title asks two (2) separate questions last time i looked. If you were tight on $$$ would not be using ZCP's.

My main point i was making is that PS4 is a better street tyre than PS4S due the overall requirements for street tyre for wet performance.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

Actually the thread title asks two (2) separate questions last time i looked. If you were tight on $$$ would not be using ZCP's.

My main point i was making is that PS4 is a better street tyre than PS4S due the overall requirements for street tyre for wet performance.
                                Everybody knows michelins are the best street tire. If you read his other post you'll see that he mentions comfort and price, the latter of which is always a consideration and premise for threads such as this.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X