Subframe crack, need a good shop nyc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M3powerzz View Post
    Does any one know the part # of the carrier panel. I figure I could save money if I buy most of the parts myself. Well I contacted bimmer clinic.. They said its beyond what they could do there. So does anyone know a good body shop?
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...l/41117000246/
    https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=41_1267
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Keep in mind, the updated RACP does have the foam injected into it now when ordering the panel !

I think this may be an issue if you weld plates.

However, you should be able to inject more foam in other spots and obviously epoxy plates in, if you choose.

Comment

Trade her in bro. 10k for a floor is ridiculous.
        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 BMW ///M3
        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by loudspeaker69 View Post
          Keep in mind, the updated RACP does have the foam injected into it now when ordering the panel !

I think this may be an issue if you weld plates.

However, you should be able to inject more foam in other spots and obviously epoxy plates in, if you choose.
          You seen one firsthand?
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I have pics if anyone want to see. I could email it.

Comment

Post them here! I'm sure everyone is curious
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Comment

I will get better pics tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by M3powerzz View Post
                    I will get better pics tomorrow
                    How many miles did you put on the car from the time your first felt something was wrong until now?
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

4000 around there. Then I heard a popping noise in the rear. Thats when I looked, a saw the cracks

Comment

Coyne Performance (now Kassel) did my RACP reinforcement, top and bottom. They’re not cheap but very experienced. Consider them for a consult.

Maxima SE — do I recall you posting something about RACP replacement on the old forum, or am I making this up ?
                        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

You seen one firsthand?

Hi,

I’ve talked to someone at @ BMW North America and they informed me of the change years ago. A local dealer should be able to confirm, as I can’t easily find this on Google.

One way to indirectly confirm is to see is if the RACP has older part numbers, which would elude to the older RACP which did not have the foam injected.

This is the screenshot from ECS showing an updated part #.

Here is a link a video of Reddish using the updated part #. (Seems there are small updates to the panel they mention, but do not mentioned the foam pre-injected).

Comment

Wow thanks for the pics. Do you track the car or perhaps the previous owner ride it very hard? It would be quite alarming if your m3 was driven just as a street daily

Comment

I never tracked the car. I think the previous owner used to drive hard.

Comment

Looks like the thing was supercharged and launched frequently or something of the like but likely not the case. It's unfortunate BMW couldn't adequately strengthen the rear of the vehicle to handle 343hp.

I hope you are able to get this resolved, those pictures really make me want to get my vincebar installed.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X