Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s54 Wiring Harness identification

Car: e46 m3 racecar MSS54 dme

I am rewiring my car with the new AIM PDM 32 output. Looking at the s54 engine harness, you have three connectors that went into the E box. I am trying to identify the pinout for these two connectors pictured below.

black 8 pin connector
    Pin 1-black wire- starter run wire from ignition switch
    Pin 2- Green wire- +12v power supply to oil level sensor
    Pin 7 - grey wire- connects to the white 8 pin connector but unsure of what it does.
    Pin 8- yellow/blk wire- connects to x60003 pin 19 but my DME pinout doesn't have pin 19 being used.

White 8 Pin connector
    I don't know where any of these wires go to. Almost all wires are red which tells me its probably +12v supply to engine sensors but not 100% on that. my plan is to run a bus bar for the white connector wires so I can supply one +12v from PDM output to bus bar but I need to know the amps for each wire/sensor so I can set the amps/fuse level.

Can anyone help to identify the white 8 pin connector and what each wire goes to?

I have looked all through WDS and my bentley manual but cannot seem to identify this white connector at all. Any help is appreciated!

The white connector is the x6053 connector: https://bmwteka.com/wds/en/e46/c6afbff8#

Don't know the designed current capacity for each wire off the top of my head, but if you follow the wires on WDS you should be able to figure out appropriate fuse values.

Also, I don't know why TIS/WDS lists x60003 pin 19 as "not used", but it's definitely populated by the yellow/black wire that comes from that black connector: https://bmwteka.com/wds/en/e46/546965ba
    Last edited by heinzboehmer; 07-20-2021, 03:01 PM.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

thats what i needed thank you for the connector ID.

Comment

Working...
      X