Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turner/Corsa Performance Cat-Back Exhaust-- anyone have any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turner/Corsa Performance Cat-Back Exhaust-- anyone have any experience?

This part:

Looks to replace the section 2 and muffler.

Looks interesting:
    -not made in China
    -merge at the factory location, so shoudln't kill torque
    -2.5" all the way to the exhaust tips, so should flow nicely with V1s
    -claims to have zero drone because of Corsa's Reflective Sound-Cancellation (RSC) technology. I have seen that this actually functions on other cars, so seems plausible.
    -resonated, so should nix the rasp

Anyone have any experience or sound clips? Particulalry paired with SSV1 headers/catted section 1?

Anyone know the weight of it?
    Last edited by Surge709; 07-28-2021, 10:46 AM.

Interesting, This looks like it could be an extremely compelling option, if it's not obnoxiously loud.

Also interested to know the weight.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Paired with aftermarket headers is an important question. I think the highlights around sound are predicated on factory headers as that's what Corsa designed the system around. The Corsa exhaust was (and maybe still is) the best sounding option for the M52 and M54 in the E46s - but ONLY if you had factory headers. Owners that changed out the headers complained about having an obnoxiously loud and ruined sound profile. I'd imagine the same would be true with the S54.
      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
        Paired with aftermarket headers is an important question. I think the highlights around sound are predicated on factory headers as that's what Corsa designed the system around. The Corsa exhaust was (and maybe still is) the best sounding option for the M52 and M54 in the E46s - but ONLY if you had factory headers. Owners that changed out the headers complained about having an obnoxiously loud and ruined sound profile. I'd imagine the same would be true with the S54.
        Interestingly, I was watching some videos on youtube and with factory headers the muffler sounds a bit... farty, but much better sounding with aftermarket headers.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

most of the sound clips online are on stock headers or weirdly modified cars so not an accurate representation of how this pairs with the more popular forum mods

here's a motoiq article on it

Project E46 M3 seems to live on MKC’s dyno.  I have owned it 1.5 years and it’s already seen 164 pulls.  Five of our seven featured articles include dyno testing,…

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Interestingly, I was watching some videos on youtube and with factory headers the muffler sounds a bit... farty, but much better sounding with aftermarket headers.
            I ran Corsa's system for 8 yrs on an M52 and ran around with a friend in ZHP with a Corsa system. I'm certain that the limits of microphones with representing the sound is to blame (as is always the case with trying to evaluate exhausts)

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
            most of the sound clips online are on stock headers or weirdly modified cars so not an accurate representation of how this pairs with the more popular forum mods

https://motoiq.com/project-e46-m3-pa...back-exhausts/
            That article quotes lack of cats are responsible for dramatic change but I don't think that's right. The RSC mufflers straight through with no packing. If you don't "active" the muffling with the correct frequencies, they don't do a thing. A muffler with physical impediments like baffling, or perforations with packings, will do their job regardless.
            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

https://motoiq.com/project-e46-m3-pa...back-exhausts/
              Sadly it looks like their Corsa setup was catless.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Following the older thread. I have this particular cat back on my m3. Even thought I bought it like that, I think I can’t be happier with the sound it makes. There is literally zero rasp, and the sound is very pleasing, kind off like exotic high pitch on high RPM, reasonably quiet down the rev range. I had it back to back with SS sport or SS race, and all of us present agreed the Corsa was the most pleasing tone/ character. YT videos are not making it justice as usual. I am running it with stock EU headers and EU cats. There is although little drone spot between 2500-3000rpm to be honest
                I am not sure if these are available any more sadly

Comment

It appears to be discontinued on Turners site now.
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X