Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

He went back to stock M5 wheels
    That's because Style 65s are the best looking BMW wheels ever made.

2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Correct
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

That's because Style 65s are the best looking BMW wheels ever made.
        What am I missing here? Is this a joke? Seriously. No throwing stars? No forged polished 67's? These?

maw

Comment

Just some dude's opinions man, everyone's got theirs. Personally I can't stand stock 18s.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
            Just some dude's opinions man, everyone's got theirs. Personally I can't stand stock 18s.
            I understand… I’m clearly yanking chains because the throwing stars have held that hallowed ground since I’ve been in BMW circles… which is decades… and I’ve never heard anyone say that about the E39 M5 wheels… not even E39 M5 owners (of which I’ve known several)… it’s all in fun.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

What am I missing here? Is this a joke? Seriously. No throwing stars? No forged polished 67's? These?

maw
              I like throwing stars but they're smol. And no one likes Style 67s. They're heavy and look gaudy.

Style 65's being semi NLA has boosted their value tremendously haha
              2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 BMW ///M3
              Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
              2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
              2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
              2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                What am I missing here? Is this a joke? Seriously. No throwing stars?
                maw
                As an owner of genuine CSL wheels and a past owner of style 21 “Throwing Stars” I have to admit this was my first thought too. I’m glad you at least gave it an honorable mention to be considered lol.
                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I think the style 65s on the e39 m5 are BMW’s best ever chassis/wheel styling match…

… and still replaced them with BBS RG-Rs on my M5, because pretty much every BMW stock wheel is heavier than I can deal with. So much zero compromise performance left on the table by all of them.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Count me as another 18'' wheel die hard. It's just too easy to get some Apex wheels and improve....everything.

I think the style 65s on the e39 m5 are BMW’s best ever chassis/wheel styling match…

… and still replaced them with BBS RG-Rs on my M5, because pretty much every BMW stock wheel is heavier than I can deal with. So much zero compromise performance left on the table by all of them.
                    I'm probably with you on this, but I always really really liked the M - Parallel II (style 66) on the later E39s. They got almost everything right with the E39, and I often think about going and getting another one to take care of. But then I shuttle the kids around the next day and I'm glad I have the e90 with hail damage and pleather seats that I'm not stressing about. I should just go get one and put it in storage while I still can.

Comment

I concur about the M Parallel, except those are slightly different from the actual style 37. I think the more simple, classy design is more befitting the five series, as seen on the 1995 M5 and 2003 540 M sport.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I like those too, particularly on a 7 series. But I think I like the MPar v2 a little better.

But they're both horribly heavy and shouldn't be on any actual performance car.

Comment

I couldn't wait to get the obese style 67 19's off of my car. Running the 18" RG-R's for years without any additional spacers, hardware, or regrets.
                          E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                            Yes, fronts are .5" wider. Construction is the same. Weight diff is negligible.

Ironically (ironic because zcp fronts are narrower and 245 is wider than 235), most people run 245/275 with ZCP wheels, though I would say most ppl with CSL wheels do run 235/265.

Nether wheelset should be in the same sentence as "performance" being 19" imo. I'll actually be taking mine (csls) off due to the performance loss after moving from 20lb 18" wheels of the same width. The car got slower.
                            It's funny how much lightweight wheels transform this car, I could never ever go back to driving with heavy wheels. 17 lb wheels ftw!
                            Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 08-08-2021, 10:48 AM.
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Interesting.

I wonder where they're made (china or not china, really).
                              Their site says "Depending on the build requirements, manufacturing and refinishing could be split between our partners located in Toronto and its surrounding area, China, Germany, and the United States."

So, China basically. But to be fair, same for Apex, BimmerWorld and Titan7.
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

All china junk.

I will sacrifice some weight for looks since most light wheels are chinesium. It is a street car after all.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X