No announcement yet.

All things Karbonius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karb will make a great trunk, but light weight is not that important in an area where it's stupidly easy to lose weight.

Even if a Karb replica is better than OE, like the airbox, esp when production left Deweijth (sic) temporarily, it still won't be more coveted or valued esp if/when the part goes NLA or access is restricted by VIN# to owner.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

https://karbonius.net/producto/karbo...e-panel-_left/

less than 50 pounds weight savings for both sides unfortunately. also no mention of being able to use oe glass and moldings too

Also in an area where weight loss isn't as needed as the front fenders or hood or roof.

It's very easy to gut the back half off the car, though you do add some weight back in with reinforcement and half cage, if you added one. Full cage is heavier, but goes forward as well.

Comment

Amazing company. They are very meticulous. I've been working with them on multiple E9X M3 products and I'm hoping we can extend the collab to benefit E46 M3 owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Karb will make a great trunk, but light weight is not that important in an area where it's stupidly easy to lose weight.

Even if a Karb replica is better than OE, like the airbox, esp when production left Deweijth (sic) temporarily, it still won't be more coveted or valued esp if/when the part goes NLA or access is restricted by VIN# to owner.
          I have my hands on about 40x OEM CSL trunks. I'm working on pricing right now as BMW readjusted their cost pricing during the pandemic. I'm unsure if it'll go NLA and I can't comment to it with anything solid - I just wouldn't be surprised when looking at the CSL wheels debacle and other M Performance products on other platforms. The pre F8X M Performance and Special Edition products were made by niche manufacturers throughout Europe, notably Italy. The molds are old and haven't been renewed for the most part.

Comment

Thanks incredible that you pulled that off.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I have my hands on about 40x OEM CSL trunks. I'm working on pricing right now as BMW readjusted their cost pricing during the pandemic. I'm unsure if it'll go NLA and I can't comment to it with anything solid - I just wouldn't be surprised when looking at the CSL wheels debacle and other M Performance products on other platforms. The pre F8X M Performance and Special Edition products were made by niche manufacturers throughout Europe, notably Italy. The molds are old and haven't been renewed for the most part.
              Amazing. Still waiting on the CSL intake GB too!!

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post

Amazing. Still waiting on the CSL intake GB too!!
                Getting on a call with a brand that makes a quality pre-preg CF airbox this PM! Not Karbonius though.

Comment

Streamline!!!!!!!

Comment

The trunk will undoubtedly go nla soon as there's no reason for them keep making them for years to come.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

Web de Karbonius composites; diseño, elaboración y venta de piezas de fibra carbono para automoción

less than 50 pounds weight savings for both sides unfortunately. also no mention of being able to use oe glass and moldings too

I can see this being a $15k job all said and done to get this fitted.....

Comment

What's different about the Karbonius trunk people mentioned?

I see room for improvement in the CSL trunk for sure-- design it to work with the factory trunk open button, and size the license plate sport for a US plate instead of euro plate.

For what I'm talking about with the plate...

Euro:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	dtm-fiber-werkz-bmw-e39-m5-replacement-rear-bumper-kit-01.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	120322

US:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7300.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	120323

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                        The trunk will undoubtedly go nla soon as there's no reason for them keep making them for years to come.
                        I mean, they make money selling them.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Euro looks better.

CSL boot is already perfect. Karb is so great because their rep design is basically perfect and of commensurate, if not greater, quality.

Comment

I'll take an OEM CSL Trunk or the Karb, I've been holding out. I have a OEM Euro front bumper, and a Vorsteiner CSL style Diffusor, just waiting on a good trunk.

Comment

Bravo to Karbonius

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                                Euro looks better.

CSL boot is already perfect. Karb is so great because their rep design is basically perfect and of commensurate, if not greater, quality.
                                I think euro looks better with the euro plate, but the us plate doesn’t look right in the euro area IMO… and running a euro plate isn’t an option here.

not that it’s as bad as the e46 wagon 🙄

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X