• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didnt these come down to like $900 at some point? 😂😭
    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
      looks like they're back on sale (not as big a discount as last time).....but still cheaper.

$2,481

BMW E46 M3 S54 3.2L Search SiteSearch csl trunk - 41007895884 - OEM CSL Rear Decklid (41-00-7-895-884) (ecstuning.com)
      I pinged my contact at Turner to see if we can work something out. The inventory lasting a while might bug them - let’s see!

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I pinged my contact at Turner to see if we can work something out. The inventory lasting a while might bug them - let’s see!
        Great, thanks Matt! Hopefully there's the possibility of a material discount, maybe down to the price they had listed a few months back. (~$1,600).

Prices for the OEM bootlids have dropped across all sellers which I assume is the result overestimating demand and people's willingness to pay absurd money for a trunk.

I wonder how many OEM bootlids ECS/Turner have actually sold at these new inflated prices (with the exception of those who were able to purchase at ~$1,600 from Turner a few months back).

Please keep us posted - there's definitely demand for them at a reasonable price point.

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

Great, thanks Matt! Hopefully there's the possibility of a material discount, maybe down to the price they had listed a few months back. (~$1,600).

Prices for the OEM bootlids have dropped across all sellers which I assume is the result overestimating demand and people's willingness to pay absurd money for a trunk.

I wonder how many OEM bootlids ECS/Turner have actually sold at these new inflated prices (with the exception of those who were able to purchase at ~$1,600 from Turner a few months back).

Please keep us posted - there's definitely demand for them at a reasonable price point.
          I’m with you on this - economics at play here. I have a chat with them at 3:00 to button up Supersprint, I’ll ask then!

Comment

Well, that didn't last long..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211210-184236_Chrome.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	141278
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

*lol* automatic pricing error - those who bought in got a great deal.

The cost basis has changed and Turner/ECS bought these when BMW charged more. Schiedmann’s pricing is based off a future order cost basis from BMW, hence why it’s lower, but BO’ed.

Jesus, good intentions here but maybe we should have kept this one to ourselves guys ahah, sorry!

Comment

Interesting. I find it hard to believe people are willing to pay $3,500 shipped for an unpainted CSL bootlid.

Comment

I'm waiting for them to come down to $650, what I originally paid for my first one.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Interesting. I find it hard to believe people are willing to pay $3,500 shipped for an unpainted CSL bootlid.
                    I think it stretched (and broke) the elastic. It allowed many aftermarket manufacturers to bring out quality CF trunks to fill the void.

Comment

Price for the OE lid went back down again at ECS Tuning.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211218-163325_Chrome.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	142248
                      "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                      ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Man I hope I didn’t lose out. I bought one brand new from someone for $2400 shipped. I still got a great deal, but not as good as the first time these went down in price

Comment

Price would go down even more, but you all keep buying them, so yeah, capitalism.

full disclosure: I prefer the styling of the stock trunk.
                          Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Price isn't going to go below their cost I can guarantee that.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                              Price isn't going to go below their cost I can guarantee that.
                              I'd imagine their cost is well below $2K, especially given that they sold several at ~$1,600 after the supposed price hike from BMW (was listed at $3,048 on the site prior to the ~$1,600 sale).

I assume this is another "pricing error" on the ECS site given it's still listed at $3,048 on Turner.

Comment

Wasn't the trunk 1600 for like ten years or some such? I'd be surprised if dealer net didn't change after that and all this virus bs.

Everything else went up, why would the trunk be immune to this? Are they feeding it ivermectin?

Comment

Working...
                                X