Does your 46M have the factory alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post
    03.5 and didn't come with one. I found a car with the system in a junkyard for 6 dollars and installed it in my car. I found that my car was already programmed for it but didn't have the alarm system installed for some reason.
    Ditto. My '04 appears to be similarly equipped. The dashboard light slowly flashes when turned off, ( a scarecrow?).
    '04, manual, Dinan Stage 1 suspension and engine flash.

Comment

Originally posted by loudspeaker69 View Post
      If I’m not mistaken, you can hit the lock button twice and it will disable the motion sensor inside the vehicle.
      Also - I think* it also would disarm the function of the vehicle lifting (jacking/being towed).
      You are correct. Pressing the lock button twice deactivates the Motion sensor AND deactivates the Tilt sensor together.
      The LED clown nose for alarm blinks differently also to confirm.
      Last edited by old///MFanatic; 08-28-2021, 04:13 PM.
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
        First click arms everything, second click disables the motion sensor, 3rd click disables the tilt sensor
        First click arms everything.
        Second click disables both the “motion” And “tilt”.
        There’s no 3rd click function to my knowledge in BMW documents.
        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
          What is factory option 302 then? They do not install locally.

Highly unlikely it would be on the build sheet and not installed. US market might be different but doesn't happen here for something that integrated in the car.

Comment

Yes, when I ordered my 04 I did include the factory alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
              Highly unlikely it would be on the build sheet and not installed. US market might be different but doesn't happen here for something that integrated in the car.
              USA market E46 cars all come “pre-wired” for it. Not all others markets do. Since yours is another country it’s makes sense this listing is for the factory alarm wiring. Whether or not it includes the factory installing the three items for alarm is another story. Since this is normally dealer installed in USA market it’s would make sense it’s also dealership installed ROW. But perhaps not.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                USA market E46 cars all come “pre-wired” for it. Not all others markets do. Since yours is another country it’s makes sense this listing is for the factory alarm wiring. Whether or not it includes the factory installing the three items for alarm is another story. Since this is normally dealer installed in USA market it’s would make sense it’s also dealership installed ROW. But perhaps not.
                Yeah we don't get those "pre wired badges" in the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by loudspeaker69 View Post
                  I had the owners manual 2 feet from me, but I was going off memory!
                  Did you get a chance to go back and look at your manual to confirm what I posted is in fact the correct info and other info inaccurate?
                  Best to have correct info when people do Searches.
                  Last edited by old///MFanatic; 08-30-2021, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X